I need feedback on my game (FPS Game)

I’m working on an FPS game, of course I showed it to my friends and they said it was cool but didn’t point out bugs or anything. I need some feedback to tell me what’s wrong with the game and what’s cool.
Ro-Force - Roblox (Link to game)

5 Likes

Bugs:

• The RPG plays the charging handle animation from the M4A1 on the first draw

• The RPG reload shows no rocket

Those are the only ones I could find.

Suggestions:

• Add auto reload when the player runs out of ammo

• Change the safe spawn shield to be invisible or just script one in as the blue circle with particles flying around you takes away from the realism

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for pointing out the bugs, I’ll try to fix those, and thanks for the suggestions.

2 Likes

Is that blur or depth of field, either way, I think it should be toned down.

2 Likes

The FPS Framework looks very nice, good job.
Only some small details you could change:

• sway and bobbing aren’t so original, they are very similar to the ones from this tutorial: Writing an FPS framework (2020)
    That’s ok, but you can try to change them a bit, maybe learning also something new about them.

• Sounds, are good, but the fire one, i think it plays every time you fire, and that’s logical, but it doesn’t create a nice effect, because when you fire, it has to stop the sound and re-play it.
    My fix to this would be to make a function for playing sounds, which would create a clone of the sound, and play it every time you want to play a sound, then i just add a debris which has timeLength + 0.5 as lifetime.

Just think to adjust these things and it would be much better.
Otherwise, except some details of the framework, i really like:

• animations (they are good, and well made)
  • effects (like smoke, and hit effects of the projectiles)
2 Likes

Very nice, but is missing some things.

• When you have all weapons equipped, except the sniper, try to make it so that it has a mouse cursor. But not the Roblox cursor, because that looks stupid. Instead, try to make it so that you can aim without pressing any buttons. I think It’s a bit annoying to zoom in every time you want to shoot. I think you get my point by now.
  • You should remove the mouse cursor completely when no guns are selected. It looks smoother and less awkward. If you want, you can add a cursor. But let it be just really small. Like a dot.
2 Likes

Alright, I’ll tune it down if it’s annoying.

Thanks for pointing out a few things, I am working on the game a lot.

1 Like

Alright, I’ll work on the top part of this post mainly, the mouse should be easy to do since I already have a script.

1 Like