I need Gfx Ideas!

Hello!
currently i need ideas for a thumbnail or a photomanipulation
the best idea gets put in the thumbnail with the idea of course

and also while you are reading comment some talented gfx designer’s
twitter or youtube

im looking forward to getting better at gfx with your help!

3 Likes

If you’re just looking for an idea to practice, then there are many you could try in the sake of practicing and getting better at your craft.

Maybe, try making a scenery where it’s not just one character with a background as it makes it look boring and not really visually appealing in most cases.

I would suggest you to make a Hotel GFX for example, with multiple NPCs (check-in person/ happy customers etc…) in the background talking to each other, which makes the overall scenery more dynamic.

I would recommend you to play around with the lighting too, in order to practice it as it is one of the most important things you can learn in GFX making.

2 Likes

thank you!

but about the idea im looking for a more fun idea because in my opinion i think hotel gfx and stuff is boring to be honest

No worries, a more fun GFX concept would probably be a GFX for a prison game like jailbreak for instance, show a high tension scene where the police and the criminal are in a fight.

Or maybe a render where it shows criminals about to rob a bank or steal a jewelry piece. There are a lot of concepts like this that would be really great to practice on.

Concerning this, make sure to check out @i5k on twitter. He is really talented and you might get inspired from his high quality work.

1 Like

Think of of the main part of your gfx that you want players to see.
for a example a simulator gfx would be around the sell shops/eggs with people with pets.

4 Likes

If you are up for a challenge, an apocalyptic city scene would make an interesting gfx.

5 Likes

thanks for the idea!

and also yes i know i5k and his work is very amazing

3 Likes

not gonna lie
it will be interesting

2 Likes

mhm for a good simulator thumbnail
i need a good simulator map to showcase as you said shops and stuff

2 Likes

When looking for ideas, I tend to look to Youtube or any other platform.
Another thing that helps is to think of your favorite series, whether it be a movie series, TV show, book series, or even a video game series, and pick something specific from there to re-create—for example, a Harry Potter GFX or a Friends GFX.
Looking at drawings or other works of art could inspire you, as well.

2 Likes

thanks also i really dont watch movies but i watch anime thought

2 Likes

Perhaps a high speed car chase, like those in movies? Pretend you took one frame from a movie and transpose it onto a GFX.

2 Likes

Hey if you’re bored with the generic hotel/cafe GFX, try to do something experimental like horror or zombies. They’re always fun to see and you can really do so much with it.

For example:

• A hoarde of zombies attacking a watch tower.
  • A few survivors huddling in a corner with a bunch of zombies.
  • A ‘boss fight’ zombie with a rescue helicopter coming in the distance.

Possibilities don’t end.

2 Likes

true
i have a few ideas in mind now
thank you!

Go on pinterest and type a topic then add “concept art” at the end of the topic and you will get alot of references to use

If you’re looking for general ideas on what to make, id recommend going on Pinterest and finding pictures you like and then modeling them. Modeling scenes from shows you enjoy would also work.

Other good artists include:
•Exelar (he made the PF thumbnail+logo)
•LISBONGFX
•BobberRB
•aynxia (more aesthetic/soft type)