I need guidance for making this roof

I am building a store using this reference

I have attempted using gap fill, and have been messing with different ways to do this. Is there an easier way to do this? I assume I have to use wedges but I’m not sure how to get a sharp angle like the reference photo. Any resources or guidance would be a ton of help. I just started learning how to build and these angles that require wedges feel a bit daunting as I can’t find an efficient way to do them.

Here is my progress so far

1 Like

to get urself out of that kind of messed up situation you can use 3d modeling platforms I had the same problems its harder in Roblox studio to make this kind of shapes but in MAYA for example it takes only mins it will speed up ur work and you will be able to support ur work with meshes it will solve ur current problem and any future problems you might have regarding this kind of shapes and its really easy to do it in Maya or blender I use may dk about blender but you can do it with 10 clicks in Maya takes 3 minutes only

2 Likes

yeah use blender (its free)

but if you must use roblox studio…

Itza trapazoid

2 Likes

update gammers

2 Likes

This kind of shape uses multiple wedges and corner wedges because the angles are not 90. The fastest way in Studio would be to place 3 wedges and use the GapFill plugin.

1 Like

Here’s a tutorial.

1. Insert wedge. Size it to line it up.
  2. Duplicate the wedge, line it up w/ side
  3. Now, with 2 parts, put it on the slope of the 2 wedges.
  4. Resize, then turn them into Negates.
  5. Union the negates with the wedges.
  6. Repeat for other side
3 Likes

Thank you for demonstrating! It was a challenge finding something that would work for this roof.

Here is another alternative if you want to avoid unions…

DieSoft did a great video years ago on making complex shapes in Studio exlusively. Time stamp is 21:19, but the link should jump you right to there anyway. I hope this helps in the case you decide to avoid unions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.