I need help making a game

(sorry for my bad English)
So I was thinking about making my first game on Roblox, a decent one, but I don’t know where to start. Should I make an obby game or tycoon game ?
I really want to create a game with my own hands, not just using free models or clickbating stuff.
Can you guys give me some advices ?
Thank you

2 Likes

Actually an obby has got less building and less scripting and it’s good as start up, you can make an obby to get some experience with the studio and then do a tycoon that is more complicated.

2 Likes

For starters, an obby should provide enough basic details on how the game works(or at least some fundamentals of scripting and building). For tycoons, it’s more complex but can be further be complicated by additional features.

Focus the main features before expanding. The most common mistake is that new developers plan too broad on the concepts before making it.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how much time you have spent getting a basic grasp of how ROBLOX Studio functions with its different tools and abilities that are provided, but as the others have mentioned, obstacle courses provide a light and decent mix of both the building and scripting element of development.

However, if you find yourself having difficulties with these, here is something that I would suggest. Instead of opting for making a game, even if the concept may be one of the more simplistic ones to create as a beginner, try creating small projects that work on building up certain skills that you would like to improve.

For example, if you wanted to improve your building skills, you could open up a fresh baseplate and start experimenting with how the properties of parts can be adjusted to be different sizes, colors, etc., figure out different ways you can build certain things, etc. In addition to this, if you are finding a tough place to start with this, open up an image of something and use it as a reference point for building and try to replicate it and maybe improvise along the way.

Hope that these were useful for you! Remember that there are resources in many many places around this Developer Forum and other places such as YouTube and ScriptingHelpers that could assist with issues that pop up along the way.

3 Likes

If you are starting up i would recommend a obby i started one but never finished but if you dont know much about scripting and building do a obby. Also if you need help with that check out this video from Alvin Blox

2 Likes

Thanks guys.
It’s really useful for a beginner LIKE ME !
you guys are the BEST !
<3

3 Likes