I need help making an original game Idea from scratch

Hello, hope you’re having a wonderful day.

I’m trying to make a game, I haven’t started yet.
First, let me start by asking Have you ever been scripting something for the first time and you completed something so simple but it brought you much excitement like I just made this do this or started building something and actually got what you were thinking of in your head into 3D form and just that feeling makes you excited.
I don’t know if it’s just me but it seems like there is a feeling of proud in our work when you know how everything works and all that you did to get to that point.

That brings me to my next point, Maybe our mental thoughts of our creations over-look what the clients seen because they’ve seen top roblox games with highest scripting and quality on roblox and I just want to get some feedback of my previous things I made before i move on to make an original game.

I’m really pouring out my thoughts so please excuse me if you don’t know what I’m talking about so far, please get into a regular roblox players mind set when review the following game features if you’d be so kind.

Game tests

Game Format Ideas

Game map Designs

note games may be newer or older

Back to the subject of what games to make first off, these aren’t real games. These games are simply just pieces of what’s meant to be in a real game so what game should I make?
I have the ability to make a Prison game, a Simulator game, a Tycoon, an Obby, a Roleplay game but that’s getting me to my point. ROBLOX Powering Imagination, As a young child thinking about this I could go on and on about how good my roblox game will be if i had a computer but thinking back I think I have lost that creativity and wonder. My mind now is focused on me being the CEO a BIG Roblox game yet I still had the desire to make something original not another Prison, Simulator, Tycoon etc. types of games.

Next, Original Games get Big Fast, This is for certain unless it’s mega trash you are guarantied tremendous success if actually make an OG game made by you and has a game concept that players enjoy. The most prominent examples would have to be Piggy and Camping. Piggy was memed a lot at first because at first glance it was Peppa Pig, funny or not you cannot deny there success being Probably #2 most of the beginning of 2020 and still is in the top 10 games.
Camping got to the front over-night out of no where, it didn’t have any High-Quality Graphic or Mega Advanced scripting, it was just a simple game that has not been seen before and that is what, I believe Roblox meant when they said Powering Imagination and That’s what I encourage other developer to do at the same time myself going to try to do

Finally, Please if anything stuck out that you thought was cool Please let me know and feel free to give some creative Ideas, honestly go back to when you were a Kid and think about what could be added or improved upon. Get creative if you will.

Thankyou for your time It really means a lot to me and have a wonder rest of your day and the rest of the year. :smiley:.
Sincerely, Joesiuh

(I put this on #help-and-feedback:cool-creations but they recommended this category)

1 Like

I have moved the topic to #help-and-feedback:game-design-support, as it is more about the general game design aspect and a specific technical question about which idea is the best applicable for the popularity as well as maintaining original ideas.

1 Like

Have you ever tried brainstorming? There’s a channel called game maker’s toolkit which focuses on game development, and even though not all details are necessary, most of it is very entertaining and can get you to understand the philosophy of game devs.

Brainstorming is important, working around people to get some ideas running can make for a good project, I could give you more info but for now try using google for info, I’m going to be busy…

1 Like

Ok, listen.

When it comes to roblox games, most of them follow a repetitive functionality that it’s best to avoid.

Things like tycoons, simulators and hotels are a tendency of roblox games that are just made because they just want to make them. Sometimes the purpose of the game should not follow a traditional gameplay but something more innovative.

If you make a simulator the game would most definetly have a major gameplay mechanic like mining or clicking, and then they add to it a lot of systems to try and make that single mechanic fun and interesting. This is, in my personal opinion, a very bad practice as the game focuses on one single mechanic to survive, and that usually doesn’t work well…

A simulator works because it is simple to do and it can feel rewarding, the game tries to simulate how many phone games work, and if you’ve ever played phone games you’ll know they’re like a trend: they last for days, but you don’t play them forever.

And a simulator can give you a boost for kids that don’t want to put much effort and just get dopamine for achieving 100 push ups in a game which only purpose is to click. But these simulators are not Piggy, they are not Arsenal and they’re most definetly not Adopt me, so at most you get 10M if the mechanics are very entertaining and engaging, but due to the high offer of simulators there are in roblox, you’ll probably get 1k visits, 20 if you don’t manage it well.

Making games is a difficult task, and a lot of players fail on making a game when their intention is to be an addictive game and not an engaging game (see this video to get to know some info). An addictive game doesn’t last, it just exists for a few seconds, a toy to use and then leave apart, an engaging game makes you feel like playing it to the end, and when you finish the game, you’ll have enjoyed every second of it, and probably will play it again because you paid for it.

So, in retrospective, if you were to make a game, what would be the best one?

Well, you would need to consider your resources and see what’s best suited for a game. What I mean by this is “how hard will it be for [Me] to make?”, “how much time do I have to make it?”, “is there some knowledge that I need?”, “will it be hard?”. With this in mind, you would need to also consider some other questions like “what is the concept of the game?”, “who would want to play it?”, and most importantly, “what makes it fun?”, because you can’t just make the roblox equivalent of GTA V, GTA V took 137 million dollars to make, no roblox game has that many resources, not even adopt me.

Here’s something I propose for game ideas:

A story driven game with cinematics, im not talking “story games” like those who have some dude named Jack the captain drive a boat to a cursed island and the players have to grab planks to build a gravity-defying bridge, that’s very easy to copypaste and there wasnt a real purpose to it other than to achieve a DevEx line and gain 350 dollars. I’m talking something like Uncharted and The Last of Us, a game with a linear narrative whose main mechanics are not doing minigames, but listening to the story and working around hard puzzles. Now, I imagine you’re empty of ideas and it probably won’t be something you’ll consider, but there’s really not a single roblox game with a linear story similar to Doom , Call of Duty, Battlefield or any other shooter that I can only give examples of.

Here’s something for you: a game, where you’re a rat, a mouse maybe, where you have a linear, optional story, but at the same time you have a lot of freedom on the game, like, there’s a cat, imagine, a god damn cat that is going to make a lot of issues, and with strategies like throwing a plant pot to the ground you make the cat get the fault and get it to be outside the house, then you can explore. And there are small enemies around the place that you can fight very easily or you can think creatively of how to combat these enemies, and these creative ways of fighting enemies (like a lobster or a chick) are more rewarding than just hitting them with the tail. You might notice that I’m being too specific, and honestly it’s because there’s a game of the ratatouille movie which was a lot of fun to me in my childhood. It’s easy for me to give ideas of how it could be, and honestly it does seem like something that would be a lot of fun, but if creativity isn’t your strength then it will be hard to just make it for yourself

Another one that I’ll try to make it balanced in resource/quality, would be a fighting game in boxing-ring-sized fighting areas where you have a lot of freedom on the fight, no matter how many times they punch you you don’t flinch, you don’t get knocked back and you don’t die easily, but the enemy doesn’t die easily either, and you have to strategize on how to win them over. It would be situated in different casual areas, at one point you’re at a bar, and fighting like any other person who fights in a bar, then you’re in a dance club kicking and punching your enemies one by one while the rest of the players are just dancing, then you’re in a pirate’s ship where they have swords and all you have is your fists, but you still manage to win them over if you think about it cleverly, then you confront a giant in a boxing ring and it’s one of the toughest ones to fight, and in the last one you’re fighting god itself. Problem that I can think of is the AI, which would be somewhat hard for you to make, not impossible, just not a simple thing.

And a simple game would be one where you use the ropeconstraint and a sphere as the main tools. You’re inside a sphere, a sphere that you can spin, and while inside of it you can shoot a grappling hook which allows you to impulse yourself and hit enemies or even pretend that you’re spiderman. It can be hard to make that mechanic. You’re a wrecking ball, and you destroy an entire city, and you compete against other players on destroying more things than them…

These are just ideas, but a prolonged brainstorming helps a lot…

1 Like

That video is good, it’s probably the reason roblox made “Mosted Engaging” on the Top of the Fornt page.