I need help with changing in-game animations

Hello. I need to team create with someone so that they can help me change my in-game animations. I need to change the default players animations to the Rthro package, and I need to make the run animation the Rthro walk animation, since the players max speed is 10 and there is no run. I know there are tutorials, but even the official tutorials didn’t work for me, even after having multiple people’s support. Keep in mind I’m not a scripter. Sorry that I’m asking so much, I just can’t do it myself.

Hi! I am sure you will find help on the Art Design Support section much better than here, considering they do animation work and we are just programmers

1 Like

Are you sure? It only involves scripting, I don’t need any user made animations, it’s all on Roblox as public animations :smile:

Perhaps, but you should break it down into different posts considering you want to “change the default mouse icon” while also fixing your animation packages. Anyways, i hope you find some help!

1 Like

Nah screw the mouse, I can do that after :slight_smile: and thank you will try to :smiley:

Sorry but from what I’m guessing on what you’re saying, you cannot have people do the script for you/spoonfeed you on how to change the animations. However, we can instead lead and help you on how to do it. Guessing from what your post says since it’s a little jogged up, I’m guessing you want to change the animations of the player?

If so, make sure you’ve already have created animations/animations from ROBLOX/etc and grab the IDs as neccessary. Click play then search in Workspace > Your Character > Animate (Has a player face) for the animation script. Copy that script and get out of play then past it back into where it was located. From there, you can open up the script then change the IDs as so. Heres what you’ll need to change:

(found in the beginning of the script)

https://gyazo.com/bb7aa9075908ed8a9002edb5b4bfb8cd

Next, change the ID in the values:
https://gyazo.com/5510d6cbe689b359f851dc71c387e0c5

Example, I’m wanting to change the climbing animation, I’ll open the climb anim value then click on the actual animation itself, then open properties and change the anim id.

There are plenty of tutorials that go over on how to do this already, make sure to check thorougly. (ANother note, this should work for RTHRO, also, you can just grab the RTHRO animations from checking the catalog website and searching for there.)

Last note: Rthro Animation Package - Roblox
You can use plugins/tools to get the ids from the animations: Load Catalog Items - Roblox

Sorry for sucking at explaining things, I’m not English :flushed: also I have checked thoroughly, I tried this example too Using Animations | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub it didn’t work for me but worked for others.

There is an option in the Game Settings that help you change the avatar, animations, and scaling of players. Here is the link to information regarding Game Settings on Roblox.

These don’t do what I want them to do, such as making the run animation the Rthro walk animation, thank you though :slight_smile:

Also where do I place the script after I copied it?

In the wiki, its says to place it into the ServerScriptService.

However, if you’re doing the Animate method, you want to place it into StarterCharacterScripts

You know the website I linked? It didn’t work, it was also in ServerScriptService. Also what do you mean “Animate” method?

Can I see your code and the error log

No errors. Worked fine for other people. And I copied it exactly from the tutorial. But that’s another issue. Also I only want 1 idle animation, the Rthro idle. How would I do this? Also all I need to change is the run animation, falling animation and the singular idle animation, all to Rthro. (Game is only on PC so no need to worry about walk animation)

Grab the rthro idle animation ID and do the same script as so but instead for climbing, do idle.

(Shown from wiki, change to idle)

local Players = game:GetService("Players")

local function onCharacterAdded(character)
	local humanoid = character:WaitForChild("Humanoid")

for _, playingTracks in pairs(humanoid:GetPlayingAnimationTracks()) do
		playingTracks:Stop(0)
	end

local animateScript = character:WaitForChild("Animate")
	animateScript.climb.ClimbAnim.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://658833139" -- this part you want to be idle
end

local function onPlayerAdded(player)
	player.CharacterAppearanceLoaded:Connect(onCharacterAdded)
end

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(onPlayerAdded)

That doesn’t work for me, sorry but I already tried that

Show me the current script you have

I already deleted it. Again, it’s the exact same as the script in the tutorial. Would you like to team create? I feel that it’d be easier, then you can see it yourself.

If its the exact same code, that is the reason why, the code is only changing the climbing animation, you have to make it change the idle animation as said before.

Make sure to read the tutorial/wiki beforehand on what it is trying to do:

https://gyazo.com/917119a1846a955a035e25f5c9e03cfe

That’s not what I meant, it didn’t change the Climbing animation. Trust me, it doesn’t work for this game, it’s been checked by other people. I followed the tutorial exactly. Yes, I know the information you just sent, I did follow it. I tried multiple animations, such as running, climbing and jumping. It either does nothing or makes the player default pose.