I need help with creating a special inventory

Hello developers!

I need help creating a special inventory (GUI) that creates an item tab with the name and picture of the current player’s achievements (when you click on the item icon, information about the item appears on the side of the GUI and an EQUIP button that adds the item to the player’s MAIN inventory (Backpack) and saves it there when the player needs to the item, then the item is removed from the player’s MAIN inventory.) Sorts them in order in categories.

To make it more clear what I meant, watch a video from one roblox game (Mega Boss Survival By Dinpey):

Someone got idea(s) how to create this? I will be very grateful if someone can help!

2 Likes

Well first off you’d need the UI, and then youd do something along the lines of this:
First have like a folder somewhere with all items, then you would display each on in this UI, ofc we also check if an item of the same name is in either the players backpack, or character.

We would then tell if the player presses on when of the Ui elements, we would then display the equip UI, with its details, if the player has that item in their backpack and/or character, then we display it as “unequip”, otherwise it displays “equip”

next when the equip/unequip button is pressed we send an event to the server telling it hey, lets change some stuff!

We would send the item the user is trying to equip in the event.
The server then checks to see if the player owns said item, and if so then if they dont have it in their backpack or character then we give it to them, otherwise we remove it.

And thats about how you’d do it. There are prob some things that’d need changed but I hope this helps as a starting point! If you have any questions feel free to ask!
~ Frodev

2 Likes

Okay, but I don’t understand one thing. How do I link items to the badge? When a player receives a certain badge, when entering the game, he is always given an item that is specified in the script (I do not use DataStore or something like that, and I am an initial developer and I am not good at programming at all)

1 Like

Hmm I take it you need to use badge service for this one, let me look it up.
Ok so to tell if they own a badge you can use
UserHasBadgeAsync, which would then check if the player has a badge, in that case you can tell they can use it

1 Like