I need help with motivation

HELP ME!

I don’t know how to keep motivation in developing games. For example, if I wanted to make an SCP game, the next day ill work on a new game and again and again etc.

I’ve built this cool SCP hallway (keep in mind, I’m a programmer, not a builder!), and intro music as well as a visualiser that sets the game brightness locally to the playback loudness of the music. But I don’t want to give up on this like I do loads of times, I want to actually work on it! Some tips would be helpful.

6 Likes

I had the same issue as you back then. How did I fix it? I simply stopped working on large projects. I just worked on smaller projects. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have tried that, but I just end up making some random scripts that cure my boredom every time i give up.

1 Like

Ah! My bad ill move it to #development-discussion, I’m new to the forum

1 Like

Making random scripts sounds like a good plan so far. Just keep on working on small things that you know you can finish until you’re comfortable on working on larger projects. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright, thanks! Ill try doing that some time.

2 Likes

Hi! Along with others above, I suggest working on smaller things and when you’re ready, move up to working on bigger things. Take breaks if you have to! (:

Think of ideas that you would like to do, menus, weapons, special tools, etc. that you would like to do and that can benefit the group, I motivate myself by doing those things xD. (I used the google translator and accidentally sent the text in Spanish xD)

Thank you, i normally go to fast and try to make big games with no planning!

Yesterday I was made aware of a guide that might be able to provide some additional value for this subject, if needed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ill have a look into it, thanks!

1 Like