I need help with vfx animating

As the title says I am in desperate need of help with scripting vfx. In my game I have an axe which plays a slash animation when I click and what I want is also a kind of wind effect to simulate a heavy axe swing, the problem is I don’t know how to do that.

At first I thought that I should use a combination of particles, beams and trailers but then I learned about tweening and I thought that looked a lot better. I have looked all over the internet but no tutorial states how to do this, I also tried to follow other tutorials but it didn’t work for me because some people say it should be client sided while others say it should be server sided. I also learned that I should delete the mesh after tweening but I didn’t know how to do that which made med download this:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/the-smart-tween-library-create-play-and-automatically-destroy-tweens-on-command/1539821

But after downloading this I couldn’t follow the tutorials since they didn’t use this and I also don’t know how to use this. What I need is someone who could explain how to create effects in for example a slash animation, I would also love it if someone could explain how to use this script above and how to use tweening with it.

1 Like

Since I was mentioned here I may as well respond.

First off, thanks for the information, I’ll be sure to update the Smart Tween module with a usage tutorial. (If you can’t wait for help using Smart Tween, DMs please, would rather not derail this post.)

With that out of the way, I’d suggest for your “wind effect” you actually use only a trail, though you should modify the transparency of that trail to be almost barely visible. Using a mesh would probably have a larger performance impact on your game, which can lag lower-ended PCs.

I do apologize that I can’t be more helpful at the moment with your problem, though if anyone else has something to throw on the pile, feel free to do so. Would rather not risk providing you with inaccurate information.

Thank you! I’ll try do that thing with trails but I would really love if you could make a tutorial on how to use Smart Tween, really appreciate the answer!