I need some feedback on my low-poly tropical island!

Hello guys earlier today i asked what i should build next (I need some some help with what i should build next (intermediate/beginner low-poly builder) - #8 by jordonh23) and i got some good ideas and i went ahead and created one in 4 hours and 30 minutes here is the game link and some photos
Tropical Island - Roblox

Photos

Any feedback is appreciated thanks!

3 Likes

try spreading the trees rather than them being only on the outlines of the map

1 Like

Thank you this is what i was thinking but wasn’t sure if palm trees fit on grass

They do, also try adding a small cottage too so the map doesn’t only have 2 parts

1 Like

thanks but i was going for a survival feel to the map where you start off with nothing like minecraft

Hi GamingIdu! I love the build overall, a few things I would suggest are:

• If you’re going for a low-poly style, you should use blender-modeled assets with not that many tris, it’s basically the meaning of low poly.

• Secondly, I would suggest using blender-modeled rocks instead of blocks, because it’ll reduce lag and it’ll look a lot better.

• With the rocks, you can make something like this:

This provides composition for your build and structure, instead of a spread out area.

• The build lacks some detail overall although it has potential. Near the campfire, you could add a flipped over boat as a shelter, buckets with fish, and some organics such as a variety of rocks, some bushes, more palm trees in the area, etc.

• It could have better lighting. Lighting can transform the way a build looks and you won’t regret using it.

I love the design and I feel like it could definitely become better in the future. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

2 Likes

You wouldn’t need to make grass on a beach/island, so perhaps you could remove the grass part and add patches of grass around the place. I also posted some feedback just now so that would be an addition.

Thank you this helps a lot!

30chars

Yeah of course, no problem! Glad to help

Make the island more natural! It’s super blocky. Maybe add some rocks or larger trees to help the volcano look more balanced, I guess.

2 Likes

I think the build you have created looks good at the start. Dull colors and material tend to look a bit plain try placing more objects on the island to accomplish the theme however it might be difficult to accomplish a detailed island, but heres a few suggestions and feedback.

So, if you give the ground some various details, your going to accomplish a much more detail looking island. This will give the land a more natural look, and it will also become more better and interesting. To add more detail to make it look more better, try and give more shape and variation for the trees tropical islands don’t really feature repetitive trees consider making them have different shapes and angles to the middle.

I get that you want the island to look more better as well, but it needs way more improvements to call it tropical island. At the start, you have a small amount of objects that cover a certain area. Don’t be afraid to experiment with smaller objects so the land could look less empty. You’ll still have a low poly style, it will just give it more serial the map with small amount of detail could look boring and plain.

Just as since in the photo that @NotReaded link use that as a guide when adding the details on your island low poly builds tend to strive for more brighter colors this could be done with the lighting and use of color. So try and expand and add more and more and it will add a nice layout. Overall best of luck on your creations. Hope to see the updated version.

2 Likes