I need some horror game ideas

So I was thinking for my game I use this plot:

A cutscene happens where multiple creatures escape a government facility but you only see the silhouette of one of the creatures run off in the dark. The scene then cuts to you in a house and you’re watching this chaos bring broadcasted on the news and you have to survive the week with these creatures on the loose.

Should the plot be altered? I mainly need feedback on gameplay. Should it be open-world? What would the monsters look like? I have no clue.

7 Likes

This is a cool idea, however, it will need a story line. Look at the games The Mimic and Judy. These both have unique story lines and characters. Being a lover of the game The Mimic, I think it would benefit you to write the plot and design the characters before starting the map. After that, you could make the game like the way they are built which is a pretty good template for horror games.

4 Likes

I agree with @DetaScripts about the idea, it is kind of like Containment Breach
The monsters should maybe look deformed, like the government did experiments on them
One question I have is:
How much endings are there going to be? If there are more than one, people would play your game longer

4 Likes

it’s true first you need is a story line
I think for the map first you will need a theme
where do we start? and are we alone? or only a few of players

and for the monsters you can use something logic or search and edit or just use your nightmare but make it scarry in a different way, I mean maybe we don’t need to show the monsters like the mimic, but show them like some of it’s body parts and movements

4 Likes

Area 1337 - A facility containing the most confidential and dangerous monsters imaginable - Open world run or die puzzle game

1 Like

Players could have a wide variety of play styles to choose from but each one has their advantages when combating monsters and trying to survive

1 Like

You could have several chapters with 1 ending for each that builds on the lore and story line. If you wanted you could have ones with multiple endings that also contribute to the lore while contributing to the next chapter.

2 Likes

The head of the monsters should be on their stomach. And the hands should be long. They should have a very long red tongue. And their face should look creepy, so players get nightmares. Although, there should be a friendly mode turned on by default. Players can turn it off if they want. And the monsters should be bald, like SCP. And they need to escape a lab or something by finding keys, doing tasks like Among Us and all that stuff. Their should be multiple maps and chapters and modes so the game becomes engaging. And also it should have currency and wins leaderboard. Players will get money by doing tasks. Overall, it should be a competitive horror game, something new in Roblox.

2 Likes

Great ideas for what the monsters could look like. I’ll definitely take that into consideration :+1:

2 Likes

That’s a great idea. I’ll definitely need to expand the story :+1:

1 Like

heres one i came up with

this idea will need a short story to establish an objective so any normal player with an almost developed brain playing Will Feel like they are NOT playing your average horror game which has barely no objective but to walk through the game. Sadly there is no normal average player that has figured out that most horror games are just lore that you have to walk through but were not gonna talk about my basis

short lore, there is rumors of a smoking hot lady bottom the basement of a 4 story building [make a scene of the player looking at the note with the rumor on it] [then when the player clicks the note, the player will see themselves in a car and that their character is getting out of the car in front of the 4 story building]

[front door is locked] [but frankly there is a super tall ladder 4 story building length ladder on top of the car] [but frankly were not gonna tell the player why that is there]

so the player gets through into the building through the roof and the player will suddenly for no reason their screen will turn black [give the player a cue that this pitch black screen is normal and is part of the game]

[the player will have an option to open their eyes]

the monster is blind BUT it can TP its own conciseness and transfer its own vision onto the most nearby person so it can see through the eyes of a person BUT the monster has EXTREMELY good memory and it knows every corner of this building BUT the monster can ALSO open their eyes AND the player also has the ability to see the vision of the nearest person (which applies to the monster) which was the reason why this character is SOOOO SURE that his gonna get that smoking Hot Lady without a problem because he realizes how powerful it is and his ego is inflated because of that

the monster relies on noise BUT the monster CAN NOT tell EXACTLY where the players position is
SO the monster also has to rely on feeling the walls just like a human would if they were blind or using a stick to tap the ground just like a blind person would in real life

so now we Could have a situation where the monster is touching the player and the player is touching the monster and just constantly feeling each other Both thinking that its a “WALL” and its just a matter of time that one of them opens their eyes and both simulation would end up in the player failing the single level

the monster has a “unsure” value which when it reaches 100% it will open its eyes to see what is up BUT because the monster has an inflated ego just like the character entering the building it will Rarely open its eyes but it will open just enough to Scare the Player

the player only has these cues “there is a wall in this direction” “this is a corner” “footsteps are closing in” “i dropped something” “i hear something break” “i broke something” “im going down a stair” “im going up a stair” " heartbeat noises "

what happens when the player wins
[player opens a door and this bright light is the first thing he sees even tho his eyes is closed]
[goes through the light and enters right into marriage with the girl and sees that they are on a wedding and everybody is clapping]
[camera zooms out then fly into the sky]
[clouds form a “The End” ]
[The End]

i know this is not exactly the idea your looking for and is likely a bit advance and not even according to the structure you gave so take the ideas from here that you want and also im pretty serious about this game idea even tho the storyline is a Joke

3 Likes

One thing that really unsatifies a lot of people, is the fact that you die at the end. Don’t make it like one of those horror games where you die at the end.

1 Like