I need some map ideas for my game

Hello everyone, I’m currently working on a wave survival game called Attack of the Killbots. I am struggling for map ideas, so I’ve come to ask you all for possible concepts. I’d love to have gimmicks and events in my maps, so feel free to suggest those along with the map.

The map needs to be fairly open, without a roof, since the enemies fly around. Maybe some vantage points, definitely lots of cover since a fair bit of the enemies use hitscan.

I’d love some map ideas, but any ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Get some paper and a pencil, and start writing ideas down. Don’t expect the DevForum to make your game for you.

It’s not like I’m telling people to make the maps, enemies, and weapons for me.
I just want some map ideas, man. Chill out. Go work on a simulator or something.

Dude you’re expecting people to come up with a significant portion of your game. That’s ridiculous. As for the simulator comment, I find it pretty funny that you think I work on cheap projects like that. I mean, you can’t even come up with one of the core parts of your game on your own. What gives you the right to judge other developers skills?

I try not to be too mean on the DevForum, but posts like these really get on my nerves. They lower the quality of the website due to how STUPID they are.

Dude, you act like I’m committing a cardinal sin by asking for help. Either chill out or leave me alone, not everyone can be as perfect as you. If anything, you’re the one lowering the quality of the website because of how pretentious and insufferable you are.

I was never judging your skills by calling you a simulator dev, you just seem exactly like the kind of person who would make simulators. Then again, even if I was, here you are judging my skills, saying I can’t come up with the core parts of the game. Pretty ironic.

You’re honestly blowing this out of proportion, I was just asking for some ideas.
If you’re having a bad day, take it out somewhere else.

1 Like

I mean, you literally made this post because you couldn’t come up with anything. So no, not ironic at all, actually.

Just think of places in rela life, parks, a forest, a parking lot, an oversized bedroom and all those things have unique elements where you can add certain events to them

Depending on your game theme think of places where enemies would live

Alright. I would say he can do this because I have done it myself, But i gave up on the game

ideas:
Desert
Forest
City
Saturn
Clouds
The Nether
Arctic
The Ocean (With islands)

Is that what you wanted?

Saturn would be a really cool idea actually, or at least some kind of moon base. Thank you for the help, I’ll take a lot of these into consideration.

I can come up with ideas on my own, I’m just looking for input from other individuals who are probably better at formulating ideas than me. You waltzed in here and berated me for asking a question. I’m trying to be as nice as I can here. Please just chill out.

1 Like

this would be easier if you had already a specific vision of what it would be, and just needed help putting the pieces together, maybe you can share some concept art or ideas you had

I probably should have been more descriptive. I solved the problem already, thanks though.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.