I need your help on how much should I spend advertisements for my friend's group!

My friend, who currently owns a group with almost 800 members and rapidly growing, is planning to spend an advertisement. So any thoughts on this ad? And how much should we spend on advertisements? Any feedbacks will be appreciated!

Thank you.

4 Likes

It really depends on how much money you have saved up for the purpose of advertising as a whole. You wanna spend a good chunk of money on it, but you do not wanna spend your whole advertising budget on one single ad.

And I know you weren’t looking for a critique of the ad, but while the render is nice, it doesn’t really show off anything about the group, which we are told is an Ice-Cream Parlor.You may find more luck with an advert that at least slightly shows off what the group is besides the “Hiring Staff” line.

2 Likes

It is up to you to decide how much you are willing to spend for the advertisement, although, I can help suggest some things for you to help decide how much to spend on the advertisement.

If you are going to want attention, spent a good amount of Robux to get attention and ask yourself how appealing this advertisement is. One way to find opinions on it is to get friends and tell them how they feel and whether or not they would click it. If they think it isn’t appealing, either spend less or try to make it appealing. If they think it is very appealing, then I would say spend more.

Hope I was able to help.

3 Likes

Contemplation before devotion. I highly suggest you compare your rate of growth with the projected outcome. Good luck! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I agree with you on that point because I have tried the same as you said and it was similar to his ad and I spent about 5k robux on ad and all what I got was 2500 click on it which is really low so I prefer to show up what’s inside your group so if it was clothing group put some of your most buying clothes with price"5R$" preferred
And for example if it was a cafe so try to advertise for hiring people which you will get more people who interested to know what’s inside it
I hope that you got my point on that

1 Like

That’s quite the watermark…please don’t tell me that it’ll be included when you release the ad, or if you want a watermark make it small and in a corner so people aren’t distracted by it. Also, not really sure what the girl in the back contributes to the ad. Maybe have an ice cream icon, or whatever Swirlyz has instead.

As for spending, it’s really up to you on how much you want. Do you want a lot of people to see it, maybe see the group explode, or do you want it to be a little more manageable and progressive? If you want the former then spend a lot on the ad, but if you want the latter spend a bit less. Make sure you’ll still have enough for your expenses though.

1 Like

To be honest you just gotta wish for the best honestly because as a member of roblox for going on 4 years most of those type of ads are frowned upon or just passed by but hopefully a couple of people see it other than that the design is amazing!

1 Like

The watermark won’t be included when we publish the ad, but thank you for checking on me. :slight_smile:

Again, thank you for the feedback. We will do some improvements.

Alright. Also, I’d like to add something that most people don’t know about: these professional advertisements don’t get as high a click rate as something like a meme advertisement.

I saw one ad that was about albert’s admin commands or something get a click rate of about 7%. I saw an ad that looked like yours get one of about 0.5%.

2 Likes

Ah, I see! Is there anything we could recruit more members or there is an alternative way? Any tips would be definitely nice.

If you already have a game, game sponsorships are definitely a great way to promote your game. Another way is to get a famous YouTuber or other social media influencer to play your game, or even if you have your own. Those tend to have a larger audience, but make sure that you have the game’s link AND group’s link and maybe a social media outlet for the game in the description. Hope this helps!

1 Like

When running ads, I find it’s always best to run a test bid for 10%, or even up to 25% of what your advertising budget is. This will allow you to have a sense of understanding as to how well it will perform, including the ad’s Click Through Rate (CTR).

And though it’s just a suggestion… I do recommend you invest in a Banner ad rather than a Skyscraper, due to the fact that many players casually check Roblox on their phones, using apps such as Safari or Google Chrome. Skyscraper ads don’t show up on those mobile browsers (unless zoomed out). Additionally, Banner ads are just a hundred times more visible due to them being on the top of the page.

1 Like

Adding on to that, there’s more parts of the Roblox website that display a banner ad, and less that display a skyscraper.

1 Like

The minimum for running an ad to get a good amount of people is I suggest, 10k robux.

2 Likes