I present to you... the TREEhouse!

Felt a bit bored today, so decided to be a little creative! ;p

I present to you… the TREEhouse! :deciduous_tree:
Made in blender, first time using the edge split modifier. Pretty neat tool to use!

Hope you guys like it! – If anyone has got some cool tips/advice, please let me know! (Still pretty new to blender… :sweat_smile:)

21 Likes

I really love how this came out, very good job!

2 Likes

It looks really good, great job!

1 Like

Impressive! It looks really good, am new to blender and still haven’t reached this skill level, I’d love to know where you learned how to model this good!

1 Like

Practice!

I started with such a bland attempt at making a french fry cup one night and just decided to see what I could do with blender after using studio for years! – I used some resources to learn how to get the basics down (lots of posts, rarely some videos), then I went off by myself to create my own objects.

Just keep at it, and try new things. – Personally, I would say stick to a single thing until you make it turn out how you would like it too! (Doing multiple things may confuse you if you aren’t too familiar with the program)

2 Likes
  1. I think the leaf colors are kind of unnatural being so light green, maybe change it to a darker shade of green?
  2. You should add more branches.

Other than that it seems well made, and I think that being so new to blender to make something like this is great!

2 Likes

I think it looks really great!
I saw this on twitter as well, but maybe you could add barrels, etc to the top part.

And for the top leaves, maybe change some of the colors for each leaf so it can look better in my opinion.
But overall, it looks great!

1 Like

Wow! Very nice. This is something I would want in my back yard. o-o

As a heads up, there is a better alternative to the edge split modifier, that being the auto smooth function.

Here’s two Suzannes using the respective methods for example:

As you can tell… there is no visible difference! However, the actual difference is that auto smooth does not cause a split in the geometry. This means you can save yourself a lot of verts and messy topology in case you wanna make any edits or export it out in the future.

You can enable it here:
(Versions 2.8≥)

(Versions 2.7≤)

With that small note aside, great work! It looks lovely.

2 Likes

Wonderful advice! – Thank you for showing me this, I’ll keep this in mind for the future!