I remade an old thumbnail of mine from 2021

Back in 2021 when I started to learn developing on Roblox in general, I also tried to learn how to make GFX for all the people out there. As I was browsing my old portfolio I thought I’d remake this masterpiece and see if I’d do better - which I think I achieved (always room for improvement).

Tell me what you think too! It’s from the game Chicago 1949. I didn’t have the assets at all so that’s why characters look different, but the vibe is the same.

Old 2021 Original

New 2024 Remake

4 Likes

Alright, I’m being completely honest here… it’s just my opinion though. I feel like the old 2021 is better than the 2024 remake one, probably because i like the blocky bodypart more rather than the one used in 2024 remake. And, i feel like the poses on the 2024 one need to be improved. As well as the effects. The bullet tracer is fine, but the muzzle flash is… eh…

3 Likes

the old one looks realistic and pretty good for a new dev, new one also looks good but less realistic, the new one is although perfect for Roblox audience because they don’t want dark environment and extra realistic things, the old one is also great for mature audience because they only care about (most of) the quality of the game and how much the game is polished and also I REALLY love the shadows and depth in the second one but I just think you add more stuff behind that car and that police officer and then it would be perfect, so if you are looking for more players I think the second one is perfect for it

if a player sees the first GFX then he would get a overview of what he will play, but the second one doesn’t seem that kind of, but as I said the second one is good for younger audience so I guess the second is better for bigger audience.

But anyways both are really cool <3

1 Like

Both of these GFXs look very good! Great job on them! They’re very cool! How long did it take to make both of them?

2 Likes

I appreciate it! For the original I believe it took at least two days of constant work, especially since i had to replace the texture of the map manually. But the remake took probably around 2 hours in the same day!