I think my game has been backdoored

I’m gonna say this one last time.

Actually, no, I might have figured out what happened. Go to Studio Settings and enable the setting where you can see the Plugin GuiObjects in explorer. After that, search through the all of the plugin guiobjects in the explorer. If there’s a script in any of them, delete it.

Then delete all the malicious scripts that were cloned.

Ctrl shift F I think. (Use it after enable core + plugins from settings)

Hello, I’ve found where all the backdoor is located, I’m going to do a cleanup now thanks for this
I’ve also deleted the whole backdoor thingy

1 Like

Delete them when you are not in test mode btw or it’ll just keep on happening

1 Like

Exactly.

This text will be blurred

1 Like

You welcome, if you have anything else just ask xd

I suggest you get an antivirus, this should stop it in the future (it has for me) such as Gameguard or Rodefender

Hello thanks for the recommendation, is that a plugin or do I need to install that on my PC?

The reason I never use those is because they could be inaccurate,…

It’s a plugin. I’ll try to find the post for it and link it up asap

But sometimes they have false positives etc, but its mainly reliable, I should probably start using one

Personally I use Gameguard, which has stopped new viruses entering my game as well as letting me view the scripts with required and things like that

1 Like

Here is the link: GameGuard Anti Virus V2 [ALPHA]

I’ll try to find RoDefender now (sorry can’t find a post/link on my phone)

1 Like

Just an update, I’ve deleted everything and found out that it came from a free model which I’ve used. (Bedroom thingy) but when I play the game there’s nothing popping up anymore. Again thanks!

1 Like

Never knew legit ones existed, I thought they were all just scammy ones to inject scripts in your studio. I would use these but I feel safer without one, and I’m confident that I won’t add any dodgy free models, and always download plugins from trusted authors after a scan over the source code.

Ah yes, I don’t recommend adding free models much, but they can be fine to use as long as you delete the scripts they come with because 90% of the time they’re malicious. Good luck with your project

1 Like

Yeah I know what you mean. I use this because I personally kept getting viruses injected into my game, I got the anti virus and didn’t find any more

1 Like

Ah I see, I suggest always and instantaneously delete every script from ANY free model regardless of validity, unless they are a verified and/or well known then there can be some exceptions

1 Like

The malicious marketplace is just growing day by day, roblox also adding new script features have an impact too, I kind of want a marketplace ‘wipe’ wave

2 Likes

I like the idea of ‘wipe waves’ this would greatly help the community of newer developers and the ‘creator marketplace’ in the future

2 Likes