I want the old carpet texture back

I miss clean carpet. The current carpet texture has loads of white bits of fluff on it for some unknown reason.

I’m not sure if this was an attempt to make it more realistic, but it really doesn’t look right. The old carpet texture was really nice and it is missed.

For anyone unaware, the old carpet texture looks like this:

1 Like

Also, ever since this was updated I’ve been seeing something really weird. I think it has to do with different quality levels at different distances. Make your baseplate Fabric and walk around and see if you begin seeing a dark circle-type shape near your camera.

Is it just me?

I can see that too, but I think I might have seen it with the old carpet texture. Not initially, but after an update.

[quote] Also, ever since this was updated I’ve been seeing something really weird. I think it has to do with different quality levels at different distances. Make your baseplate Fabric and walk around and see if you begin seeing a dark circle-type shape near your camera.

Is it just me? [/quote]

I just noticed that today when I was looking at fabric!

OLD

NEW

[quote] OLD

NEW

[/quote]

Wewwww – someone has some nasty dandruff :X

I like the old version better also. I actually made a house with brown carpet as the roof and it looked like little shingles. Now with the white bits it looks like there was an incredibly light snowfall that only affected the roof.

I don’t know why Roblox is trying to make materials look more realistic/ defined

When they turned concrete from being our generic “rough” texture into grimy city sidewalk concrete, that pretty much limited that material to a single use. Hey, if you ever needed gross ugly sidewalks, there’s a PERFECT material for it! What’s that? You want textures for leaves, tires, bark, towels, drapes, metallic surfaces, etc. etc. to make the game match up with use of materials?

Too bad, there’s not many options left for “up to interpretation” materials which we can use in a variety of ways.

They’re just very very limited, and feel more limiting with these “nifty little details” they keep throwing on top.

At this rate they’ll have to make a material for everything in existence, or slow down and think about it in a broader/ crossgame sense. (Which’d make sense, given that Roblox is all about the community making maps/ games)

Concrete actually looks a lot like race-way asphalt.

I haven’t forgotten this.
I still want fabric that doesn’t have bits of dust all over it.

1 Like