I want to hire a modeler, but I don't know how

Hey developers. Apologies if this is in the incorrect category, I’m not really sure what to put this kind of topic under. I’d like to find a decent modeler, and I have some questions of how to go about doing so.

1. Where do I find a decent modeler?
  2. How should I estimate the pay? By how long it takes to finish or how detailed it is? (In robux)
  3. What is a “decent” model worth? (In robux) Like this for example:
    Screenshot 2023-11-01 172746

Those are all of my questions! If there’s anything else I should know regarding this, please do inform me of what it is. Also let me know if this should go under a different category.

3 Likes

No worries at all about the category!

Check out the #collaboration:recruitment category here, and make a post being very descriptive on what you want. Another option is to join Roblox groups or Discord servers related to game development. These communities can be great places to connect with modelers who might be looking for work or collaborations. Additionally, you can explore the Roblox marketplace, where some modelers sell their creations, allowing you to browse through their portfolios and potentially find the right fit for your project.

Example

Credit to @Roblox for their template below:

About Us

Hi there! We are Big Studios, a small upcoming game development team. We’re looking for builders who are willing to join our team and work with us on our new game, Big Game!

The Team
@username - Environment Design
@username - Scripter
@username - UI

You can see our progress so far here: https://www.roblox.com/games/RobloxGame

About The Job

We are looking for a professional builder to join our team as our lead content artist. We expect high quality builds that adhere to our game’s style. Good communication skills are appreciated; we check team progress daily and want to maintain a healthy relationship with one another.

Example of our game’s build style

Our game needs at least 30 new assets completed by the end of this month. We expect each asset will take between 1-2 hours.

Payment

We are paying [X] Robux/USD per asset. Our preferred payment method is [X]. We will offer a contract for you to sign that will guarantee payment for the assets you’ve created.

Contact Us

You can contact us here on the Developer Forum or via Twitter at: https://twitter.com/username

You must be 13 years or older to apply.

Thanks for reading! :grin:

When it comes to estimating pay for a modeler, there are a few factors to consider. One approach is to base the payment on the time it takes to complete the model. You can negotiate an hourly rate with the modeler, and this can be a fair way to compensate for their time and expertise. Another consideration is the level of detail and complexity required for your project. Generally, more intricate and detailed models tend to cost more, as they demand more time and skill. The size and scale of your project can also impact the cost, as larger or more complex models may come at a premium. Finally, discuss licensing terms with the modeler, as it can affect the price greatly. If you plan to use the model in multiple projects, this might influence the cost as well.

As for determining what a “decent” model is worth in terms of Robux, it’s not a one-size-fits-all answer. The value of a model in Robux will depend on the specific project, its complexity, and the negotiations between you and the modeler. It’s a collaborative process where you should communicate your needs and budget clearly and work together to find an agreement that works for both parties. Good luck with your modeler search and your Roblox project!

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Well, i wont write an essay here, but you could try the talent hub, RoDevs, HiddenDevs, Fiverr. All that stuff

Just make sure to check their work so you dont get scammed

I got scammed on my old account hiring a modeler, and so I’m very picky with things.

^ Exactly.

Thanks a ton for all of this information. There’s a lot more to this than I originally thought! Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this. Have a great day! :grinning:

You too! Mmake sure to check their work so you dont get scammed of money or robux.

1 Like

Hey Hey!

Just want to correct some information here, the collaboration section on the dev forum has been closed for quite some time, please use talent.roblox.com, you will be able to create a post there and receive applications and open chats with applicants.

1 Like

@Wizzthepixelcat He is right. Apologies,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.