Icons for tools with same angles (ThumbnailCamera)

How can I simply make icons for my tools with the same angle everytime without taking a screenshot and cutting it? I think you have to use ThumbnailCamera for it?

Just like this but imagine u have one bloxy cola and one sprite and u have 2 png photos of it with the same angle:

1 Like

The simplest method I can think of is to use the camera hotkeys in Roblox Studio. This page from the Roblox Developer Hub reveals some of the more basic ones.

There’s also some additional hotkeys not mentioned in the link that are also very helpful. On my computer, after focusing on a part / model, pressing “,” or “.” will pan the camera to the left or right (respectively), and pressing “pg up” or “pg down” will pan the camera above or below the object (also respectively). Scrolling, of course, zooms in or out, but you can also use “I” or “O” to get the same effect.

1 Like

Ah okay, thanks. But how is it possible to actually take the picture and having it transparent already? Or do I have to cut it myself everytime?

Ah, giving it a transparent background is a different story. For that you’ll have to edit the screenshot after you take it, since taking a screenshot will capture everything in your viewport.

1 Like