ICYMI: Experience controls test starting November 20!

Honestly, it would be better if you left the old one. This makes interaction with Core Gui several times more difficult for both users and developers. Why do you have to click multiple times to open the chat? Yes, it won’t be difficult to do this once, but if you do it over and over, it starts to get annoying.

6 Likes

yeah i can see that point of view as well sorry i didn’t really think about old experiences and such and honestly this new ui is completely useless. they originally introduced it as a way for mobile players to more easily reach the buttons and now that its on the left that claim was obviously useless as well. i was trying to be positive

5 Likes

This was obviously made by someone who thinks phones are the future of gaming. Its too big!!!

please go back to not changing the topbar every 2 years

7 Likes

Why does there need to be two menu buttons? Can they not be merged into one? Even just put the Roblox logo menu as an option in the expanding menu, they don’t both need to be there

11 Likes

I understand that the Roblox’s Menu is really important, but I find it hard to work with the limited space there is. The only thing I can do is remove a lot of the features and hide things behind a button for mobile users at this point.

I cannot be hiding everything under a button…

To me it seems like a danger to develop right around the top bar at this point.

24 Likes

Might as well just give us an option to remove all this fancy stuff and put it into a proper menu like literally every program if you want to improve developer flexibility.

11 Likes

As I’ve said before in the original announcement, the chat button being hidden behind a menu is going to get extremely annoying. I don’t want to have to click a second button, then wait for an animation to finish, then click a second button to close the chat when it should just be there at the top, not locked behind a menu. That, and/or make using the new UI optional. This new UI is waaaaay too big, clunky, and all-in-all not user friendly in the slightest.

Sorry to say, but the more you guys force this new menu on us, then leave us in the dark, the more I dislike it.

15 Likes

i agree. the way i fixed it was making my own chat system but i dont think a lot of people would wanna bother doing that

15 Likes

This looks awesome, but we need advanced graphics settings so that we can have things like raytracing without interfering with lower-end devices.

7 Likes

Welcome to Stupid Updates the General Roblox Community did NOT ask for. :clap::clap: Episode 128

Social until chat becomes inaccessible unless you’re willing to open the damn hamburger (which is REALLY inconvenient)

17 Likes

Thanks for moving it to the left! I noticed the icon for the expandable menu change in studio, so I knew that this was finally about to release! My only small caveat now is that the Roblox icon animation looks weird when the menu is closing because it doesn’t get smaller until after the menu is closed; whereas, the leaderboard returns while the menu is closing, rather than after it. I look forward to these changes, and best of luck with the rollout and testing!

5 Likes

Honestly, the design is terrible. We’ve been able to easily toggle chat in one button - now we need to open a menu to toggle it? Roblox is designed with small corner rounding, this topbar does not fit with the rest of CoreGui.

6 Likes

Press the slash key, I guess. Mobile users suffer.

7 Likes

MY TAKE:
This new design is hot garbage. While it may have a minimalistic appearance, it ends up occupying a significant portion of our precious screen real estate that we could otherwise use for our game’s UI elements. I’m wondering if there’s a way to remove that expand button using scripts.

HOW I PERSONALLY SEE THE CHANGE:
The intrusive default Roblox UI in this new design resembles an unattractive watermark, making it appear as if Roblox is envious of the game’s growing popularity and is attempting to assert its presence unnecessarily. Consequently, every recording of the game is marred by the Roblox watermark, diminishing the overall gaming experience.

SUGGESTIONS:
I am assuming we can’t edit and modify the new default ui, but if we could, we’d have the freedom to craft a customized UI for our players, incorporating all the essential functions from the menu buttons. For instance, if a player interacts with the report button within our in-game screen GUI, it could trigger the corresponding section in the escape menu.

This level of control would be a boon for developers like us, allowing us to format the on-screen elements to our liking, all while preserving the visibility of the Roblox logo button. It’s frustrating when interface changes like this limit our artistic vision and the intended purpose of our menu. If only the Roblox icon itself could expand into these experience controls, it would be much less intrusive. The current two-button setup is just unwieldy.

11 Likes

Who even plays in portrait mode? You’re sacrificing over 66-67% of the screen just to play with what seems like one finger.

8 Likes

Closing the chat would be much harder and also also of my friends hated the closing of chat to be a longer process and inefficient.

4 Likes

Usually I am never in support of these kinds of Roblox updates, especially something as major as this, but after being on this platform (and developing) for a long time, it’s honestly not that bad.

The mobile UI has been confusing and annoying ever since the leaderboard and backpack controls were hidden under the button on the top right. This redesign is long overdue and it needs to happen.

I get that developers want to be able to add stuff to this popup menu, or even make their own entire UI for the popup menu, but that would just cause too much confusion. Even having an option to use the old layout will cause confusion. Having this popup stay consistent across games is very important.

Will developers need to redo some of their UI in this area? Of course they will, but is it really that big of a deal? No, unless you did fancy coding to hide and move buttons around (but I really think that people shouldn’t be messing with the Roblox UI to begin with).

I really doubt people use the chat button as much as people are claiming they do. Isn’t the chatbar always visible? Why would you need to hide and show the chat so often? Anyways, thank you for listening to feedback and actually making appropriate changes. I am very impressed with how well thought out this is.

2 Likes

I have fought for years with the old ui, and when it was moved to the right, that just made things worse.
I hope this will actually be better with it on the left.

I really don’t like the fact chat is hidden under a button, thats probably the only major downside I see to this.
It seems every game, you start with chat open and it covers buttons. So most games, first thing I have to do is to close chat to access other ui elements. This will make that process more annoying if I have to open a menu to close chat. Same with player list, though you can close it with the tab key, its always in the way.
Developers really should be able to set the chat and player list as starting in open or closed mode from script.

5 Likes

I am so excited to finally have a corner of the screen to myself. After 14 years.

9 Likes

Honestly, Roblox should just turn it’s menu into an overlay that could be activated with a keybind (like Steam), although it’s probably not user-friendly for mobile players.

That way, you wouldn’t need to see ANY of Roblox’s CoreGui when playing the game.

16 Likes