Ideas for a Enemy Round System?

Hello, I am wanting to start working on a game which has a Round/Wave system and I was wondering what would be the best way to make each Wave Harder? I know I could change the Enemies health etc but how should I actually make the enemy count work?

For example I could double the previous enemy count for the last Wave but I’m not sure if that’s the best way to do it because if there is 30 Enemies then the next round would have 60 and then that just seems like a really large jump making the game a lot harder?

The only other way I think I can do it is to just put each round in a table with the amount that should be spawn.

Just wondering if there is a better way to do it because I am going to have over 100 Waves!

maybe add different types of enemies as each stage increases, for example stage 1 you have your basic zombies, then maybe on stage 3 introduce some new type of zombie like a jumper zombie that leaps around(making it harder to hit) and you could continue this pattern until wave 100 or something.

2 Likes

Yeah I like that idea as well. Thanks for the suggestion! I think the best way is to make a table with like 5 or 10 rounds then making it times the enemy count every 10 rounds