Ideas for a game with no scripting

Hello Roblox Devs! I am a builder who has around 3 months of experience in building. I really enjoy making games and it is fun. But lots of time, a game needs a scripter but I only build and I do not script. I want to make a good game that the ROBLOX community would like. Some solutions I have so far is making a showcase and I’m currently working on a hangout. Have any more ideas or a suggestion on what type of showcase?

11 Likes

I think you have posted this before (30 characters)

3 Likes

I got flagged and it got taken down because I didnt follow the guide lines, its fixed

3 Likes

Oh. A suggestion I would give you is make something that is futuristic. I don’t really see futuristic showcases on roblox except for Neon District.

3 Likes

I will be blunt, I don’t think you can have a successful game on Roblox that has concurrent players without scripting. You could have a showcase that gets a couple thousand visits as well as a hang out game that has thousands of visits. Though what these games will always lack is concurrent players on the game. There is just nothing to really do in a game with just builds. You may explore a little bit but after a while, you get to a point of seeing it all. That is saying they want to explore without motivation except for curiosity.

I’m not telling you not to do it, I’m telling you this so you don’t expect to be in the next top 100 games. This could be great practice to get better at building and maybe you will meet a scripter that can team up with you to make your builds come to life. Maybe if you get great at it, you could work on a team that’s working on a game too. I wish you luck and hopefully you can make some good looking builds. I’m honestly envious of some of these showcases because I’m more a programmer and I build in low poly since that’s what I can build with the most effectively.

7 Likes

I agree with Badandy11, there’s not a lot of good options for games without scripting. You could try using other people’s scripts in the toolbox/library, but that’s generally not advised since those scripts could be malicious, especially if you understand the scripts yourself.

From my perspective your options are: make showcase games, work in a team, or learn to script. That being said, this shouldn’t stop you from building. You can always build something then script it later. I hope you find something that works for you.

1 Like

If you want to make a good game, you should learn to code or hire someone who can do it for you. If not, your game is probably not very good and will not attract players.

2 Likes

Experiment with physics maybe, I find Roblox physics very interesting.

1 Like

I recommend you learn scripting, at best you can make a simple Roleplay game but those aren’t very popular.

3 Likes

I will try to look up tutorials to scripting. Thank you! I appreciate your help

2 Likes

I think you can make something realistic and different if you want people to play your game without scripts, I mean players play game’s because of their functionality take RoFruits for example, it’s not that much aesthetic in terms of build but it does the job on it’s content(script) So I think you should really step your game up if your going to make a game without any, I advise you give every ounce of skill you have.

1 Like