Ideas for a horror game?

Hi, i have been recently stuck on a problem. I always wanted to make a unique horror game - for fun (mostly) and eventually - money. But i have no ideas of what to make! It has been really hard for me to find new game ideas, and i have gone through lots of them and found nothing i would like.

I would love to see your ideas :smiley:

1 Like

just use chatgpt its not that hard

2 Likes

Do not use chat gpt, its an AI and isn’t creative at all.

But, if you want a unique horror game, ask friends and family about what they think would make a terrifying game, and then mix it together until you get an idea that works, then build upon the idea.

4 Likes

Ask people and formulate a brainstorm of ideas, then narrow them down to find one you really like. I’d suggest going through all other ROBLOX horror games and compile themes they use, then try and spin some themes of them.

2 Likes

You’re saying friends and family who have probably never played roblox before would have a better understanding of the market than an AI that scowers the entire internet to look for information?

3 Likes

Yes. Yes I am.
Humans have something that AI lacks, creativity and originality.

Here is ChatGPTs response to the prompt “can you create some unique horror game ideas”

Sure, here are a few unique horror game ideas:

1. “The Haunted Hotel”: You play as a guest who checks into a seemingly normal hotel, only to find that it’s haunted by the ghosts of the previous guests who have died there. As you explore the hotel, you’ll need to solve puzzles and uncover the dark secrets behind each death in order to escape.
  • Cool idea, its probably been done a thousand times, also, DOORS (kinda) and At Dead Of Night (Again, kinda)
  1. “The Abandoned Space Station”: In this game, you play as a lone astronaut who wakes up on an abandoned space station, with no memory of how you got there. As you explore the station, you’ll uncover a sinister plot that involves a dangerous alien entity, and you’ll need to use all your wits to survive and escape.
  • Isn’t this that one game on steam or something? Dead Space or that other one I don’t remember the name of?
  1. “The Curse of the Forest”: This game takes place in a dense, creepy forest where strange things have been happening for centuries. You play as a group of adventurers who venture into the forest to uncover the source of the curse, but as you delve deeper into the forest, you’ll encounter supernatural creatures and other dangers that threaten to consume you.
  • The Quarry, The Forest and Sons of The Forest
  1. “The Possessed Doll”: You play as a young child who receives a seemingly harmless doll as a gift, only to discover that the doll is possessed by an evil spirit. As you try to escape the doll’s malevolent grasp, you’ll need to solve puzzles and avoid the doll’s deadly traps.
  • Tattletail?
  1. “The Dark Web”: This game takes place entirely on the dark web, where you play as a hacker who uncovers a sinister plot involving a powerful and dangerous organization. As you delve deeper into the dark web, you’ll encounter increasingly dangerous challenges and uncover dark secrets that threaten to consume you.
  • Wow, the only original thing here I think, don’t know what makes it horror though?

Yeah, again AI lacks creativity and originality at the moment.

Sure, it can look at a thousand different things, but most of the time the stuff it generates is going to be a bad mix of everything, or just straight up the same story as what it’s “researched”

Adding on, ChatGPT (The public one) is running on information from 2019-2021 I believe, so it mostly has outdated information.

Plus, the names are pretty terrible.

3 Likes