Ideas for a Tycoon style game

I know what you’re thinking and no not a button tycoon with different colored droppers and 30 gamepasses. An actual genuine tycoon such as Retail Tycoon, Lumber Tycoon, or Theme Park Tycoon.

Originally I was thinking of a Zoo Tycoon but I realized that to make it as great as I’d want it would take me forever to make all of the systems/assets to make that happen alone and it’s a bit too ambitious for me currently.

My second thought was a Museum Tycoon where you would have to actually go and find things in the world to then bring back and display, but I don’t have an exact gameplay plan in mind at the moment and I wasn’t sure if the community would really find a museum interesting enough.

I figured I’d come here and ask you guys if you had any suggestions of your own tycoons, Thanks in advance! :grinning:

1 Like

I made a topic last year (2022) on what would keep players hooked to a tycoon game. It may be great too take a look at in this situation:

What about a Farm Tycoon - Grow crops, raise livestock, and manage your farm to become a successful agricultural entrepreneur.

Doesn’t it already exist though? Farming and Friends

Although I don’t think they update much anymore

1 Like

Maybe a circus tycoon? You hire performers and setup your own shows. Perhaps the player can build their own attractions and put out their own advertisements. The amount of people that show up are based on how well the player’s ads are put together. Just plotting down ideas.

I think this idea might be a little too similar to Theme Park Tycoon 2 to succeed.