What should every Tycoon have to keep players hooked to the game?

Hey guys,

I am currently creating a Cartoon Themed Tycoon as loads of players seem to enjoy Tycoons due to the purchasing and upgrading systems in it. I am writing this topic as I know many of you would have very interesting ideas and suggestions on what I should add in my Tycoon game. Should I add level ups, group rewards, and even pets?

If I could have some ideas or suggestions from you guys that would be great :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve never made a tycoon before, but I have played one. I usually get hooked to tycoons if I’m playing with friends or family, which can get really fun. I think you should add level ups, group rewards, and pets, they are great ways to keep people hooked. Another way you can keep them hooked is to make sure the tycoon isn’t too easy or hard. Make the tycoon that takes a certain amount of time to fully complete, like a few days.

2 Likes

The biggest conern that you need to face when making tycoons, is making sure the player does not get bored. Because tycoons fall into the category of idling games.

For me, I looooooooove tycoons with pvp in them. Because it serve’s as a very good distraction while the machines run collecting the money in the background. Just make sure it doesn’t get to overpowered.

4 Likes

Well. According to normal players, it’s about keeping the game explorable.

Things like obby islands to earn cash, islands with hidden codes or just islands in general are a good way to keeping normal players attached.

I’ve seen how some players invite their friends to the game if they think that the game is good.

If the map is a city, try to make places with chests, secrets etc.

There can be items which if you find, you get a permanent award in the tycoon which you can keep, or just cash in general.

About the tycoons in general, Having Badges you can earn, having different unlockable areas.

And for making sure that people spend time in the tycoon itself, make sure to keep the cash earning slow but steady

6 Likes

I wouldn’t add a leveling system, pets, and other things along that line. It would feel like a simulator at that point, or a weird mix. Tycoons, I feel, have overall fell off and don’t really do well anymore.

I enjoy tycoons that don’t waste my time. Allowing players to do things while waiting for money to buy the next thing is good. Also, allowing the player to change wall colors or something could be interesting.

2 Likes

Tycoons must have different like theme park tycoon. It must continuous playable. More creativity.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.