Ideas for an SCPF

This is meant more as a collective for me, but I wouldn’t mind having the communities opinion on things. Everything here will be summarized by ChatGPT because otherwise I will rant and it will be very long. I also want to note that this is meant for SCPFs, specifically the SRPs where you are required to apply to play the game.

Idea 1: More Access To Default Roles

No more department groups. Players won’t need to apply up to two times before accessing the game. Upon joining the foundation group, players will have access to all main teams (SD, ScD, E&T, MD, CD, etc.).

SD players won’t have guns and can only perform basic security tasks like checking IDs, monitoring security cameras, reporting incidents, and patrolling. E&T players won’t have access to tinker with major systems, only perform repairs, restock supplies, and handle basic service tasks.

Idea 2: License System

Building on the first idea, HRs can now grant licenses to players for various abilities such as handling guns, food, driving, anomaly containment, and more. Players must attend a tryout or training session to obtain these licenses. This system allows SD players to get guns, but only if they choose to go through the licensing process. If they’re content without guns, they don’t need to obtain a license.

The licensing system rewards players who excel and allows HRs to revoke permissions if they are abused. Licenses can also include titles like doctorates, which recognize significant achievements in specific fields. For example, a researcher with many credible reports could earn a doctorate in their specialty, but this concept isn’t limited to researchers alone.

Idea 3: Documents

Players can now write documents on clipboards and upload them to a central database, accessible by fellow researchers, supervisors, and MTF personnel needing containment procedures for specific anomalies. These documents will be global, persisting even after players log off. This system could integrate a clearance mechanism that isn’t rank-based, ensuring players can only access information appropriate to their clearance level.

A special department might be established to manage these documents. This system allows for secure guidelines and documentation for departments, eliminating the need for external tools like Google Docs and reducing the risk of leaks.

Idea 4: Clearance System

Building on Idea 3, security clearances could be tied to a number saved to your profile instead of being linked to a group rank. This way, not all L4s are supervisors—sometimes a junior researcher might need L4 clearance for a high-level project without being higher in command than others.

A department like RAISA would be responsible for granting clearances based on duties, jobs, and other criteria. This system ensures that only truly trustworthy players receive the clearances they need to perform their roles, without implying they are superior to other players.

Idea 5: Events/Team Points

Players who complete objectives will earn points for their department. At the end of each week, an event will occur based on the points accumulated. For example, if E&T fails to repair generators enough times, the power will go out and cell doors will open. These events will compound, potentially leading to the facility crumbling if departments don’t earn enough points. These weekly events will occur at the same time, creating both a competitive and anticipated aspect for players. Points will reset at the end of each week.

Idea 5: Respawning/Medical Effects

In my game, players will never truly die in lore; instead, they’ll be revived. Upon death, players can choose their spawn location, which will affect their condition upon respawn. Some non-permanent effects like the flu, broken bones, or bleeding may persist.

For example:

• Medical Bay: Revive with full health and receive medical supplies, but slower access to equipment.
  • Armory: Quick access to equipment but retain injuries like bleeding, requiring self-care.
  • Barracks: Quick respawn with partial health and basic equipment.
  • Research Labs: Respawn with research tools but lower health.
  • Security Station: Respawn with standard gear but no health recovery.

This system is designed to make players weigh their options and make strategic choices based on their current situation.

Idea 6: Shops / Lockers / Cosmetics

Players can use their cash to buy both cosmetic and non-cosmetic items in the game. These items are stored in lockers around the facility and are sent back to the locker upon death. Some items require a certain amount of XP, which players can earn by completing objectives, before they can be purchased. Items can include things like food, clothing variants, and better weapons.

1 Like

I’m gonna be real, for as much as these games can be cool on the surface, what kills the genre is management 100% of the time. It seems these games that are centered around group hierarchies have disaffected developers who show up from time to time and let the mini-bureaucracy under them hire people with poor behavior and teenagers on power trips. I do like these ideas, don’t get me wrong, but to keep these weird and “corrupt” gameplay loops in check that entirely revolve around meek prospects of new players moving up in the ranks to take on reasonably high-responsibility jobs, they need to keep the status quo in order. Maybe some day these ideas will be implemented, but the current devs of the popular group-based SCP games likely will not add features such as these.

I agree in part with what you are saying but I believe the “moving up” is just simulating every job ever both on platform and off platform. The progressing is what drives everything e.g. you want to earn more currency in games to buy more stuff and get increasingly powerful - its just human nature.
I think the real main issue is with developers which you have highlighted as while it is true that all these ideas are very good it will be the implementation ingame that will really matter and how the game will continue to be supported with updates that will make the game interesting for all players and not just one select group (say with constant updates to your elite security department but none for testing and research).

1 Like