Ideas for cannon mechanics?

I am making a ship game but I don’t have any ideas on how I could make the cannons better and much more effective. Currently the player only has to click the cannon to shoot it but I don’t want them to have to get out of the vehicle seat to shoot it.

Since it looks like the cannons are on only on the port and starboard side of the ship, you could bind Q / E to fire the respective cannons?

Some naval games in the colonial setting have ships that bring up a GUI with the level of firing with 0 being levelled, -1 (-2,-3,-4) being fired below level and +1 (+2,+3,+4, etc.) fired above level. Like ITBV said, you could bind keys to fire with different keys offering different sides and type. I.e. Q=left volley, E=right volley/R= Ripple from left, T=Ripple from right, etc.

2 Likes

What I always enjoy in ship battles is the comradery on the ship, not being alone. Wouldn’t it make far more interesting gameplay if you were to have one or more dedicated cannoneers on your ship that would be able to somewhat aim with the cannon and fire with it?

1 Like