Ideas for "carrying" players?

Hi, so for a system I’m working on, it’s going to involve a carrying feature. A little background: Certain players are given hammers that ragdoll players on contact. When they get ragdolled, they can also be carried.

I was wondering, what would be the simplest, yet most ideal way, to achieve it so a player can pick up the other player and “carry” them?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

A weld might be a good solution because you only need one to affix a ragdolled character to a moving character. An issue that might arise is the ragdolled character applying some mass and shifting the center of mass (if a player rotates it will look weird depending how far the ragdolled character is), but this should be able to be mitigated by making all parts of the ragdoll Massless.

1 Like

The head and limbs on the ragdoll should be automatically set to non-collide when picked up to keep it from flinging the player while the torso remains normal.

Just a tip i’m throwing out.

1 Like

Try teleporting the carried player’s torso onto the other player’s shoulder, and then attaching their torso to the carrier’s with a WeldConstraint or similar.

characterB.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame =
    characterA.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame *
    CFrame.new(1, 1, 0) *
    CFrame.fromEulerAnglesXYZ(math.pi / 2, 0, 0)
local weld = Instance.new("WeldConstraint")
weld.Part0 = characterB.HumanoidRootPart
weld.Part1 = characterA.HumanoidRootPart
weld.Parent = characterB

Be sure to set manually physics ownership of the carrier’s body to the so they can move around predictably, or else it may lag horribly with physics calculations being done by the player being carried.

characterA.HumanoidRootPart:SetNetworkOwner(playerA)

I leave it up to you to figure out the details.

11 Likes

1-Make that sort of “Press E to pick item(the player)”
2-Try making the code do something that looks like the carrying of players in the "Runker 51"Raid game.

Images i took right now of the video the youtuber “Vinterno” did.

3 Likes

I think for ragdolling you need a constraint I think it’s BallSocketConstraint and put it on all character parts so it has that ragdoll effect.

And then move the one who is carrying arm to the shoulder and weld the arm of the carrier to the character being carried and then the constraint should do its work. Set network ownership aswell.

2 Likes