Ideas for Innovation Inc. Game

Hello fellow devs! So, on Roblox I’m working on remaking a really old Innovation game from 2008-13 with the help of some other devs you may know such as DrMaher, Macovei2057, and more.

Original Game: Old Innovation HQ - Roblox

Remake: Old Innovation HQ Remake: Beta - Roblox

I am about halfway done with the game, but in terms of gameplay there isn’t much to do in the original game. Note: The fun areas of the game are in the Labs Sector Area which is being added soon. In the original there isn’t many experiments or activities to do in the Labs Area, so I need help in making gameplay fun for people, which will make them come back. Any fun ideas for experiments/activities will do!

12 Likes

Add a chair with some legs. Oh, also add more science!

3 Likes

What do you mean by science? I need more information lol!

1 Like

I guess add some beakers and test tubes

1 Like

Woah that’s bootiful, Goodluck :wink:

2 Likes

That’s an amazing rework! I’m currently trying to make my own sci-fi game and I’m having issues just getting the build quality right. Good work!

1 Like

Good work so far! Love the small details throughout the game, though, you should remake the legs of those office chairs & maybe change the projector’s light to look more realistic. I recommend using lighting beams instead.

Do you have any ideas on any additional rooms to add to make the game fun?

1 Like

Make rooms that contain cooperative lab experiments so players could interact with each other. You could try something similar to madattak’s Innovation Labs game, where players find dramatic meltdowns, machines that turn you into a zombie, or a crazy coffee machine. Though, I recommend some originality so be creative!

1 Like

What cooperative lab experiments could I add? Gimme some ideas!

1 Like

I am about to get very, very, very nerdy here, so this could possibly discourage younger players.

You could consider making chemistry experiments where mixing different substances will produce results, kind of Minecraft-esque (except more explosions :smiling_imp:).

You could also make a mutation experiment where you can change the genetics of different players, and create interesting combinations.

An experimental farm where players can make their own plants and test them out in a customizable controlled environment.

A laser station where players can modify lasers that could change in damage, effectiveness, and make all sorts of cool stuff.

This would require insane amounts of scripting, but if you can make a UI that feels good to use, and have smooth game mechanics on these systems, I feel these systems could be very successful.

3 Likes

In the first remake screenshot, is it possible to fix the lighting errors seen in the roof?

Also maybe add comedic posters above the computers, as it seems to be empty there. Also add a coffee cup or something that doesn’t make it all look so ‘copy n pasty.’

Otherwise great game and I seriously can’t believe how good it looks, amazing job!

1 Like

I have those issues but have no idea how to fix them, any ideas?

1 Like

The floor and ceiling texture made the whole room seem… not polished as in it looks like it hasnt got painted or no tiles covering it, also add some posters around the walls but anyway it looks great! You really put your time and effort to improve the old map (: btw the ceiling fan is missing or is that intended?

1 Like

If you mean lighting issues, make your parts thicker it tends to remove the light that comes through the walls.

2 Likes

It looks great! But, I suggest you put more stuff it does look a bit plain. Also, I think you should adjust the lighting and add some effects.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips, but this thread was meant for game mechanics and new rooms ideas to make the game more fun. If you have any of those, that would be great

1 Like

Thank you man! And I’ll take your tips into consideration, but really, this post was made for game mechanic ideas and new room ideas. If you’ve got any other that would be fun/interesting paste them here

2 Likes

Perhaps add some cut scenes (if you want). I have never played the original, but that could be a cool addition.

1 Like

Yes it needs more science!!
(I am writing this in a bracket so I don’t get minimum characters thing)