Ideas on how I can monetize my game?

I recently started making a game called Untitled Story Game and it’s a 1 player first person game.

I can’t think of anything that I would put into to generate cash flow for this game.

Untitled Story Game - Roblox
Game is still in heavy development so users will not get far yet.

1 Like

I like the progress being made in your game so far! Amazing work so far! :+1:

Monetizing a Roblox game can be done through various strategies like:

1. In-Game Purchases

• Game Passes: Permanent benefits like special abilities or access to exclusive areas.
    • Developer Products: One-time purchases such as in-game currency or boosts.
    • Clothing and Accessories: Custom avatars, clothing, or accessories.
  2. Advertising

• In-Game Ads: Display ads within your game.
  3. Robux Donations

• Donation Boards: Allow players to donate Robux.
  4. Affiliate Marketing

• Referral Programs: Reward players (e.g. in-game coins) for inviting friends.

Implementation Tips:

• Know Your Audience: Understand what players value.
  • Balance Content: Offer free enjoyment with meaningful paid perks.
  • Regular Updates: Keep the game fresh.
  • Community Engagement: Foster loyalty and promotion.
  • Use Analytics: Track and optimize monetization strategies.

There are many different ways to monetize your game but by doing some of these methods and adapting to player feedback, you can effectively monetize your Roblox game!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

• Clothing and Accessories: Custom avatars, clothing, or accessories.

This idea gave me an idea where in game your actually kind a basic character, but in the menu, you can customize it to your liking like color and some accessories. I could make a section within the menu where you can save your outfit and submit it and show off to other people like other users can see your avatar within the menu also.

Here’s two ideas for purchases:

• You could add revives for when/if you die, (assuming you can die in it, since it’s a story game)
  • And if there are multiple endings, you can make it possible to get items (easier or at all) which manipulate the ending. Also items that don’t manipulate the ending

For more resources, you could look at other succecssful similar games and study their monotization systems.

Thanks for the information! Will keep it in mind.