[IDEAS] Waiting In Line Ideas

In my game for my youtube channel for my fans to hangout, there is a screenshot line. But, with 100 people waiting in a line which is basically just a box of people, comes great chaos. Players jump and push and players get flung. Any ideas of another method of how i could do this without chaos?

The line currently:

1 Like

Perhaps have a UI based queue system where they get teleported in when it’s their turn, and you can remove the people from the room once they’ve had their picture.

I’ve tried that, but something always ends up going wrong.

Well, you could probs make a big waiting room, and then call people up?

I could, but it’s just hard to read peoples username if there is 100 people.

Have a custom queue system that removes all control from the players. You can control it by moving them via script, and keeping it organised.

Basically, just freeze all their controls and move them up when a space at the front of the queue becomes vacant.

2 Likes

How would i freeze only the people in the line, not outside of the line, and how would they move up in line, or exit?

Have a part at the start of the queue. When they enter the queue, put them in the position that is next free. Move them up by setting their HumanoidRootPart position (probably the easiest way) to a predefined place in the queue.

1 Like

You could make a conveyer belt and have people put in the line, then there’s a teleport brick at the front, so people get teleported and then the conveyer moves people up.

1 Like

In theory, that’d work. However, you’re going to probably face issues with people colliding with each other and potentially flinging because of how the collisions work unless you have a way of stopping them before they come into contact with another player.

3 Likes