Identification of the Roblox Developer and Staff (International badges)

Hello, everyone! Is everything going well with you? Hopefully so!

As you can see by the title of this topic, I believe truly that it would be pretty interesting as a minor feature to identify those that are Roblox Developers being international, from other countries, especially for Roblox Developer Relations’ employees that work in international communities. This feature quite was released a year ago, however, this was removed silently.

Having the returning of custom badges would be awesome and interesting to use on our Roblox Developer Forums’ profiles to indicate that we know specific development areas and we are from other countries, this is also good for international DevRel employees with the Roblox Staff icon! Making the icons more colorful, enjoyable, and bringing attention to the new income users here as a tiny resource.

7 Likes

Thanks for the feature suggestion, I’ll be sure to pass it along!

Just to make sure you know, all Roblox employees who are on the DevForums will have “Roblox Staff” next to their name as well as the Roblo icon next to their thumnail.

Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 3.46.06 PM

6 Likes

This is not the case, some Roblox admins have not enabled this flair on their accounts which causes confusion.

4 Likes

Do you have any examples I could take a look at?

3 Likes

I know that I am not @Abcreator replying to respond to this with a list of those that do not have it, but sure believe that one that I find interesting and might be either way is @stravant and @tnavarts

Both are the same person, however, only Stravant does not have the Roblox Staff title nor the icon on their profile.

(@Abcreator has good examples, but good to wait for his response)

1 Like

I don’t have exact links (as I did not think at the time to copy message links), but there has been multiple-cases in where I have seen admins talking in #feature-requests at an official capacity without the Roblox flair enabled on their account.

2 Likes

@stravant is not a Roblox Staff user, but instead a long-time community creator! Anything posted on that account is not official.

You will see the correct badge and title next to any post made by @tnavarts since they are indeed a staff user.

If anyone is claiming to be staff, but not correctly identified as such, please flag their post to bring it to our attention! The moderation team can take a look and make sure the user is properly marked as Roblox Staff or take action if they are an impersonator.

4 Likes

On top of this, there’s still the @/moderator icon next to all Roblox employee’s names, on top of maybe the Roblox icon

1 Like

The staff/moderator badge already exists and is functioning perfectly. For countries, I don’t think the forum want to fuel nationalism, however, you can always put it in your bio or locations.

1 Like

The moderator shield only appears next to people that are actually “moderators” in terms of Discourse terminology (e.g. can handle flags), not all Roblox staff users.

2 Likes

Yeah, just noticed some admins are only Regulars, that badge only goes to Leaders and people in the @/moderators group

1 Like

No, as stated before, it’s just for moderators.

2 Likes

(Sorry for bumping!)

There are many Roblox employees, who left Roblox, like @Hippie_ofDoom, @nightend16 or @OuterspaceNemo.
Those are not anymore in the “Roblox Staff” Group, but there post were official.
(I think) @Hippie_ofDoom was a DET and was actively responding to BugReports, etc., however newer Users can’t identify them and that is a Problem.

I think Abcreator means them

3 Likes

All of those employees have since left Roblox, but yeah, I guess this could be useful

1 Like

Hey @LuaCow ! :wave:

Are there any updates of this little suggestion? It has been almost one year without any declaration…

This is off-topic and I never meant in this context. It is good to review slightly the description of the topic. If you got confused, I can explain better! :+1:

I probably misunderstood, from what I’ve read in your post you mean that, could you explain a bit further?

Sure!

This topic is a minor suggestion that I had in mind back years ago where there were flairs showcasing icons of international groups once joining. For instance, if I joined @PTBRDevelopers (Portuguese & Brazilian Developers), went to my profile to customize some display interfaces, it would show this as the flair:

The little feature also applied to other forum groups such as those that worked on international communities such as France, Germany, etc. As it disappeared out of the blue, I thought it would be cool to have its return to indicate properly that we are from other countries.

I like this idea, this would be like for the @staff’s icon beside, right?
Sounds cool, I would do it
(Another thing is maybe having this for Groups on Roblox, maybe a toggleable feature in the Group on Roblox?)

Bingo!

Regarding having a feature on the Roblox platform, they have it as Roblox Developer Relations employees (precisely DET — Developer Engagement Team) produce before a community’s forum is open. :eyes: