IdentifiersPlus - Finding players made easy using Generated IDs

IdentifiersPlus

Introduction

Usernames are a big problem when it comes to trying to ban, kick, or message a player. Which is why this API uses unique numbers to assign each player, and it’s impossible to get the same ID as someone else while in the same server which makes it great for moderation.

You don’t need to memorize their username, you just need to memorize a 1-4 digit number.

For example, It can if you’re manually trying to ban someone and their name is something like IlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlIl or X3834Sjkewj. Or even if someone tries to trick you by naming themselves allAbcido3 or otherskjsdf.

All you need to read is IlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlIl [432] which you can use to find them easily without having to try to type their username. Difference between this and Roblox UserIds are that Roblox UserIds look like this: 1370939403 which just makes it almost impossible to remember.

Getting Started

IdentifiersPlus is really easy to use, and there’s not many functions to have to learn.

To get started, all you need to do is drag the ModuleScript into your ReplicatedStorage, and require it from a script.

Here are some features which you could use.

Find a player’s ID

This code will get the ID of the player and print it into the output.

local replicatedStorage = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage")
local identifiersPlus = require(replicatedStorage.IdentifiersPlus)

local id = identifiersPlus.GetPlayerID(game.Players.LocalPlayer)
print(id)

Create and remove a PlayerID for a player

This code creates/removes a new ID for a player (remove the pre-made script inside the ModuleScript before doing this.)

local id = identifiersPlus.AddPlayer(game.Players.LocalPlayer)

local id = identifiersPlus.RemovePlayer(game.Players.LocalPlayer)

Find a player / ID from their username

This code will find the player / ID from a string and return it. This works even if you don’t put in the full username. The multiple variable is used as a way to check if there’s multiple players with that name, returns true or false. If there’s multiple players with that name it returns a random player / player’s ID.

local plr, multiple = indentifiersPlus.FindPlayerFromString("rix") -- searches for players starting with "rixx"

if multiple then
    print("Multiple players starting with the same start.")
end
print(plr)

local id, multiple = indentifiersPlus.FindIDFromString("rix") -- searches for players starting with "rixx"

if multiple then
    print("Multiple players starting with the same start.")
end
print(id)

You could also create a script to display their ID above their heads so it’s easy to see other’s IDs.
Here’s an example:

local PlayerIDs = require(replicatedStorage.IdentifiersPlus)
local plrs = game:GetService("Players")
local tag = script.ID

plrs.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)

plr.CharacterAppearanceLoaded:Connect(function(char)
		local plrID = PlayerIDs.GetPlayerID(plr)

local newTag = tag:Clone()
		newTag.PlayerName.Text = plr.Name.." ["..plrID.."]"
		newTag.Parent = char:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart")
	end)
end)

Files:

IdentifiersPlus.rbxm (1.8 KB)
Hope you like it! This is my first resource, sorry if some things are confusing.

2 Likes

What’s the difference between using this module and Player.UserId?

1 Like

Roblox UserIDs are really long and hard to remember. The main point of this is that it’s super easy to remember and read.

I’m curious on why would you need to remember a player’s ID as I never had a problem like that, would you be able to tell me some example scenarios?

1 Like

So, what moderation problems does this solve, exactly? I’m a little confused as to what the possible use cases are.

Hmm that is a good point, think about when there are so many users that roblox returns inf cause the number is to big. Good luck fixing that one roblox lol.

Anyhow cool! I think I might try it out sometime!

What? That never happens?

not yet. Just wait till the biggest userId is 1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111. In studio when you get the number it’ll just return inf.

Are you stupid perchance?

1 Like

did they fix big numbers getting turned to inf or am I missing something?

Roblox would need over 9_007_199_254_740_992 users for that to happen.

you never know.
SillyLittleCharLimit

that won’t even happen in our life time

just watch all the bot accounts I make.

Just kidding I wouldn’t do that

good luck with rate limiting, vpns will only take you so far

You might need to re-consider your programming title

But its what I do : D

Charlimit

Well, it could be next to the player’s name above their head, and if their name is very long, all you need to remember is a short string of numbers.

It can also help if you’re manually trying to ban someone and their name is something like IlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlIl or X3834Sjkewj. Or even if someone tries to trick you by naming themselves allAbcido3 or otherskjsdf.

All you need to read is IlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlIl [432] which you can use to find them easily without having to try to type their username. Difference between this and Roblox userIds are that Roblox UserIds look like this: 1370939403 which just makes it impossible to remember.

idk, i’d prefer converting regular userid into hexdecimals. it’s on taste, but once i tried it i found it pretty

2 Likes