If a game has more than 50% thumbs down rating, it should be removed automatically from front page

Regardless to the amount of players on the place. If over 50% of the people who play it hate the game, it shows that the game has no right to be on the first page. This would easily get rid of those bottling games and those games that still manage to get up on first page despite them being complied of free models.

For Example:

6 Likes

I would agree and disagree for this, but more agree. Only issue is if a good game gets so many negative ratings, it wont be on the front page, and people will bot negative rating for games they don’t like. This system would seem better having than not in my opinion, so I will support this idea.
[sub]Also doesn’t that game violate copyright for FNaF assets?[/sub]

Yeah, if the majority of people really dont like a game, why have it plastered in a special position on the front page of the site?

It should automatically be put under review, so that a moderator can check it out at a later time to see if it was legit or not. ie) Might have had a saving/loading glitch which caused everyone’s data to be lost so everyone thumbs it down.

If we can’t have this everywhere, just put it on Builders Club and Top rated. We get too much “[FREE ADMIN]”, “Giving away 900000000 Robux”, and “Obby for 20000 robux”.

If we have that, we will need a threshold of like 20 ratings or so. I have some games with 1 thumbs down and 0 up. They are test places, so I do not want them instantly closed.

Even ignoring practical issues that some good places can actually end up under 50% likes if they are complex games not inviting to beginners, this would be way too encouraging of raids on places.

Don’t like a smaller game? Get a group to all dislike it to kill it off.

Something like this definitely should be done, they’re being rewarded for what the community feels is, well, terrible.

Don’t agree with this. The only place I feel that this could ever apply is in the top rated section. Applying this to the front page in general makes it really easy to kill off a good game if somebody dislikes the player or just hates the game despite the possibility that many people like it. Really easy to kill off new games. The thumb rating system is simply there to show how many players enjoyed or disliked their experience. That is if they decided to rate it. The system isn’t fool-proof so it shouldn’t be used to dictate front page games besides in the top rated section.

[quote] Even ignoring practical issues that some good places can actually end up under 50% likes if they are complex games not inviting to beginners, this would be way too encouraging of raids on places.

Don’t like a smaller game? Get a group to all dislike it to kill it off. [/quote]

This happens anyway. A game completely surviving on top rated, ie) a showcase. A group could go dislike it all at once and kill it off.

“not inviting to beginners” That’s why I think it’d be better to put the place under review, so it has a chance to come back.

The front page is a landing page, it should showcase games that a lot of people like. If more than half of the players don’t like the game then it should not be on the front page, even if it is a quality game.

We could just not have the popular section first and have a selected or top rated bunch of games on the first row. The first row is the most important.

1 Like

[sup]or a whole page of top rated games so we can have front page achievements again[/sup]

I think it’s a good idea nonetheless