If you pay out in ROBUX bi-weekly the equivalent of $20/hr to your devs. are you legally bound to provide health insurance, etc.?

Not in USD but in ROBUX. I am confused about this aspect.

If you hire someone and give them ROBUX, they aren’t legally bound as employees - are they? Since it is a game currency that they can do whatever with after…

I see a lot of Studios that have this arrangement. ROBLOX settles that for you since they’re the ones that actually own the ROBUX when the cash out happens correct?

11 Likes

I’m not too sure you’ve got the right idea. Developers for your studio of any kind obviously get paid, but they aren’t genuine employees unless hired under a real company and/or organization and are willingly being sent a real paycheck, and are under a proper contract.

You might be overthinking it. Alongside the fact that you could be hiring people under the age of eligibility for work in their country, which, to be fair, wouldn’t be that rare on Roblox seeing the age group is averaging 13-17… You probably shouldn’t go too deep into the business rabbit hole on Roblox.

I would say something abt Gamefam here, but they’ve already been talked to death. just don’t be that corporate and scummy and you should sail smoothly.

6 Likes

You’d be way better off talking to a lawyer than asking on a random forum where the average age of the user is 14…

10 Likes

No, you are not required to provide anything. You are making payment with virtual currency.

7 Likes

pro tip: dont ask for legal advice on the roblox dev forum

9 Likes

Are you talking about the U.S here?

And have you ever done something similar?

6 Likes

you don’t need to provide any insurance. the only thing you provide is robux. + dont ask about this on the devforum lmao. if you are really concerned talk to/hire a lawyer

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.