Ignore old post

since I can’t delete this post, I’m going to keep it like this since looking back at it, I realized it wouldn’t really help any developers who are new or currently developing their own games become successful. It stated things that are simple enough to know for a lot of developers, new and old, to understand if they want to make a game that’s generally considered as “good”.

140 Likes

I believe you can also use Wine on Linux to run Roblox Studio.

Do you mean “knowledge” by “Nolage”?

11 Likes

I don’t think its that reliable though, I might list this soon idk.

I will make sure to do more research in it, thanks!

5 Likes

This looks very epic just this seems like basic information? Not trying to be mean but it just seems like it repeats the same basic arguments

be original don’t be like everyone else your game needs replayability don’t overwork yourself dont make it for the robux be passionate about it also make it fun somehow lol

Also it kinda gives the impression that originality is easy to come across when it actually takes a lot of time and effort and you dont just get an idea out of the blue maybe try elaborating on that?

10 Likes

You missed an important one. Don’t stuff your game with annoying free models.

6 Likes

he already said that you shouldn’t fill up ur game with free models

9 Likes

oh sorry i didnt see that he said that lol

3 Likes

Hello, Thank you for your response!,

I do agree but also, I can argue that I never stated that it would be easy but, I will make sure to list it on their so new developers can understand that if they don’t ( somehow ), I do kinda understand your arguments and will make sure to change it up a bit!

I do agree that this is a little bit basic information that has been repeated many times but also, it should be repeated as people who Truley want to make a big and good game still don’t follow this rule to make a game and ignore that point.

I will make a few changes to make it clear and put new parts explaining better and less pointed out information

6 Likes

Just updated this post.

@R41NB0W4C3

p.s. Sorry for not updating it sooner.

3 Likes

nice how u made the image with kleki.
but uh um, ever heard of ninja legends? it used to get 50k+ players and i think max players was liek 250k at a time

4 Likes

great job! I will definitely show this to my friends who want to become devs! Maybe you should also note that coming up with an unoriginal game (ex. fnf) Will at first get lots of players. But when said original game dies, your’s will to. So if you make a game that’s based off another, add elements of originality.

4 Likes

Yes I have heard of it and thats the reason I put it their, thats only supposed to represent the unsuccessful nockoffs though.

Also, game’s like Ninja Legends is a repetitive Simulator Franchise, and Im trying to get the point out of people not following these types of practices.

Ninja Legends is also a bit pay to win, so even though it is popular, it isn’t a very fairly monetized game.

3 Likes

Does anyone know anything else I should have? On the update time, Im planning on adding a few more things but I want to know other things that I should list to.

3 Likes

NOTE: The Update time has been changed to December 12, Sunday.

2 Likes

OMG I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT RESPONDING

Very cool! I like the new chapters B)

getting the slightest hint that your talking about robeats :thinking:

Anyways good job

4 Likes

Okay , I got everything except for the “making a good name” part, my game name is called planebeam and it’s pretty lame, how can I think deeper of names since I’m bad of thinking of names

4 Likes

Well ask yourself, what’s your game about? What does the player do? What would spice up my game title that fits my game theme, music (if you have some), and Enviromint?

3 Likes

Would it be fine with a cooldown?

3 Likes

Yes, but also no.

This is due to the fact that F2P players will be displeased (especially with super hard obbys) whenever a Spender or Whale buys it.

4 Likes

I saw an obby once that gives free stage skips every few minutes, making them not have to pay for them.

4 Likes