IKControl snaps when first being inserted into a humanoid

Reproduction Steps

When walking near a humanoid NPC, insert an IKControl into them with the following settings, and make it follow a part as shown in the gif below

The IKControl will make them kind of “snap” before assuming the correct position, as shown here

Expected Behavior

This issue did not occur before IKControls were released from beta, so I assume its a bug and should not happen. Even if I tween the Weight from 0 to 0.2 it still occurs

Actual Behavior

The IKControl snaps the NPC briefly before correcting itself

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly

17 Likes

Thanks for reporting this. This is related to the “SmoothTime” parameter which we added just before IKControl was released. We’ll work on a fix for this. In the mean time since it looks like you’re doing your own target smoothing I think if you set the “SmoothTime” parameter to 0 it should fix the snap in this case.

5 Likes

Setting SmoothTime to 0 still causes it to occur, but with it the snap seems to happen less often and be faster, only lasting for a few frames

3 Likes

So, has this been fixed yet? I’m also having this problem.

This initial snap issue should now be fixed. Please let me know if you’re still seeing this

3 Likes

I’m still seeing this issue today, whenever I set Enabled to true on the IKControl the snap occurs. It seems to happen with any SmoothTime greater than 0, regardless of the weight. I’m trying to fade in an IK pose after an animation plays and can’t get it to look nice due to this.