Im currently working on farming sim and I need suggestions about how to keep people in game

My concept is open world farming simulator game, where you buying different fields, vehicles and other stuff to earn money, harvest crops etc. Just like Farming Simulator series concept. Im looking into making it coop or multiplayer, but I run into some problems (like if I have free plots buying, and two people will have same plot bought). The problem is that, I have no idea how to engage people and not making them bored by time, having quite medetative game, where there is no defined target for players with many ways to progress and earn money.

So, any ideas how to solve this engagement problem?

(also, this is my first post on dev forum so far)

1 Like

need suggestions about how to keep people in game

In simulator games, people like graphics and stuff that satisfies the user…
For example, unique mechanics, visually pleasing GUI popups and much more.

Thanks for responce, I will look into it :smiley:

One thing that keeps me busy/active in farming games is not having to worry about crops wilting. I know it’s more realistic, but it’s a major turn off for me to feel obligated to log in at certain times each day.

another thing that keeps me engaged is objectives. I like having a mix of short term, quick objectives, and long term, takes you a few days to do objectives.

1 Like

Thanks. Im not going to add crop wilting anyway, becouse that will make players stressed a lot. Im orienting on relax gameplay for most people.

1 Like

Factory chains are really satisfying to me. Maybe you could have a cooking method? Also achievements, quests, and goals make farming games really fun.

Make your game unique somehow!

1 Like

Then add beautiful nature! That will make people much happier.

1 Like