I'm having troubles with audio in game playing too loud in one ear or the other

(I’m sorry if this isn’t the right place to post this, I’ve never posted on here yet since I just recently became a member) I am trying to add sounds into a game I am working on and so I create an invisible part that I parent the sound object to and then add the id and play it but when it plays, it sounds like the audio comes from the center of that part it is parented to. I have tried using some of the sound effects but they don’t help with this. And it’s a problem because the audio plays so loud in one or the other ear in my headphones and I’ve joined other games on Roblox to experience how their sounds are and they sound smooth and equal not so strong in one ear when you turn slightly in game. I hope this makes sense I will try to explain it better if it doesn’t.

If you parent the audio straight to Workspace, rather than a part, it should work iirc.

Yea I am aware of that and I apologize I forgot to mention that I can’t have it parented to workspace because it only plays within a certain radius, not throughout the entire game world. Example: I have a room with a radio that plays music and the music should only be heard inside that room which is why I have the sound parented to a part.

2 Likes

Ohh, okay, so to get the audio to sound the same as if the audio were in the workspace without playing everywhere in the game, I recommend using SoundRegions! What SoundRegions do, is when you enter a space, the audio you have in the SoundRegion will begin to play, and when you leave said space, or just go into a different SoundRegion, the audio stops playing, and the one in the other SoundRegion starts playing! Here’s a YouTube tutorial that goes more in depth as to how you can add this into your game: Roblox - Play music in different areas - Scripting tutorial (2020 updated version) - YouTube

2 Likes

ok that makes sense thank you, but instead of stopping the sound would it work to pause it and then resume once the player enters the region again?

Yup! Just as long as you re-enter the SoundRegion, you’ll still be able to hear your audio again, however I’m not sure if the audio pauses, and then resumes back to where it was last time you entered it. I believe it can be done with a script, but I’m not that advanced of a scripter so I can’t help out much with that

1 Like

Alright, well thank you a lot!

No problemo, glad I could help!

1 Like