I'm making a third person shooter. Any tips?

Hello, I am a human (I don’t know how to start a sentence).
I’m planning on making a third person shooting game with a similar combat system to GTA or Fortnite.
Basically, my goal is to make a shooting game (I don’t know what it’s gonna be as the end product) that has guns, and they should be able to wallbang, reload, and shoot.
One more thing is that I don’t want this “thing” to happen which I can’t describe is words, so I tried making a cheesy visualization of what I’m trying to say:

I don’t need to have any visual details done at the moment as I need the basics down first. Any tips?

Thanks

7 Likes

Some shooter games fail to actually account to the camera’s perspective. You can allow the camera to shoot a ray straight ahead and the gun’s ray should go both ways. Then there’s some calculation to ignore the first intersection. Find the closest intersections and fire at the point.

7 Likes

Sorry for the late response, but the image depicts shooting backwards even though you do not intend to. I remember running into that problem while playing MadCity while I was zooming through a laser and shooting at the same time. I find it to be an issue I wanted to tackle if I wanted to make an open world game.

3 Likes

I have an idea! Make a map voter and a few cosmetics that include gun skins maybe. There’s a lot I wish to tell, but all those things I thought lately, slipped off my mind

3 Likes

Unfortunately I’m planning on making some kind of stealth/action or open world game, at the moment I’m trying to get the basics of how to make a third person shooter, but thanks for the ideas lol

2 Likes

Did you ever figure out a fix to this problem?

2 Likes