I'm randomly getting kicked from experiences

PC Info: Windows 10 Home, Version 22H2
Impact: Severe
Frequency: Occasionally
Date First Experienced: 28/05/2023
Date Last experienced: 02/06/2023

Reproduction Steps:

1. Open Roblox Studio (or anything for that matter, studio works best in my scenario) and make sure it’s using up a majority of your PC resources.
  2. Play an experience which lags Roblox.
  3. Simply just wait until it crashes.

Here is a video showcasing the issue (first step wasn’t in place but it did happen days after this with the reproduction steps in place)

Expected Behaviour: Roblox should just lag a lot, or give a window error message pop-up.
Actual Behaviour: It just outright crashes, and it also happens slightly less if you don’t have any resource-intensive programs open.

Workaround: Just play on the microsoft store version (which lags a lot might i add) or play on mobile, both of which I do not want to do.

I was using mobile data because my WiFi went out, but this was happening even before my WiFi went out. You can’t see my keyboard, but I absolutely PROMISE that I am not doing Alt-F4. This is pretty inconsistent as sometimes Roblox won’t crash and other times it will do it all the time.

I checked the dump and log files, but there was not much there which aimed towards this. My friends were also experiencing this issue, and they are thinking that the new Hyperion anticheat from Byfron could be the cause.

Something else I’ve discovered is that very rarely when this happens, my screen will go black for a second, it will actually provide an error message, and if I have studio open then studio will show this error message. This actually happened just now, so here is one example.

A log file for this will be attached to the internal ticket by a Roblox Staff, due to sensitive information it may contain!

5 Likes

Thank you for reporting this. Could you send us a crash dump?

1 Like

Would you like me to just message it to you?

Sorry for the delayed response. Based on the log data it is happens in rendering code and rendering team is looking into it, but there is no timeline to fix it so far.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.