I'm trying to generate funding for a passion project and need advice

I need some tips on generating funds to help with the development of my game PROJECT NFS.

Some info:

• This is going to be a racing game similar to the Black Box era of Need for Speed games. I plan to have a short story mode and add a challenge series.

• I don’t want the game to be P2W and I don’t want to have any gamepasses that lock cars behind a paywall. Everything can be unlocked by playing through the game and beating certain challenges.

• I do want to have an option where players have a choice to donate.

Any tips would be helpful.

Here’s a short snippet of gameplay. It’s VERY early gameplay.

Edit: Changed video format.

6 Likes

woah this is incredible, what are you looking to use the funding for?

2 Likes

Thanks! I need someone to work on the car models. I’m working on implementing vehicle customization and I have already finished with performance upgrades.

This is absolutely amazing, how much funding are you looking for?

1 Like

I’m aiming for 30k Robux. I just need someone to model cars with multiple bodykits and spoilers. I feel the cars are going to be the most expensive thing in this project.

If you can I highly suggest working with real currency, CAD, USD and such as normally it will result in higher quality models and more flexibility with payment.

1 Like

Gotcha. Do you know anyone who’s good at modeling cars?

Unfortunately no one in my studio will be able to assist you with this type of game as we specialize in games that are more upbeat and cartoony in style compared to realism.

Your best bet is scrolling through the DevForum creations tab and finding a modeler to potentially partner with or Hidden Developers.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll have a go on the forum. Thanks!

1 Like

holy you need someone to fix that UI please!

Make quick cash grab games for the funds. As bad as it sounds, it is a reasonable step in obtaining funding.

1 Like