Image blur in roblox!

Hello guys how to blur an imag- Wait. This isn’t a question…

Here is my newest creation that is not for you people! Rather just me learning more stuff to add to my amazing portfolio that no one gives a crap about! q(≧▽≦q)

• SOURCE CODE PLEASE! I LOVE IT!
  • That looks amazing!
  • It’s quite bad. (Give reason why)
  • I can probably make one better! (Okay do it then.)

0 voters

If you can’t see then the images are basically being blurred in roblox and this is no editing magic, It’s pure roblox code without the help of any offsite platform. I use editable images and some maths and some code to make that.

Hey yall! I just made a tutorial for this: Editable Images... what are they?
Go check it out!

13 Likes

This is literally what I need right now for my Modals.

3 Likes

Hmm so you want it? Though, ill tell you that this is REALLY REALLY laggy and slow. I will be optimizing it but till then idk.

2 Likes

I’ll recommend watching this video let see if it might help you.

2 Likes

nice but slow you should optimize it. Great work

Lol 2 months later.

Thanks for the feedback. I haven’t really worked on editable image since then because I am currently focused more on fps frameworks and A* algorithms. I will however take this advice and do it. I am also thinking of making something similar but for meshes. Basically a sub division modifier for meshes. Would be hard but fun.

1 Like

Your stuff could be real-time if you weren’t calling readpixels and writepixels so often. You should consider saving the color data in its own array and then pushing it all at once with only one writePixels() function. Additionally, this isn’t a proper blur, technically. You’re supposed to sample the surrounding pixels, not the ones 4 pixels down.

1 Like

Yea I am not planning on working on this anymore, thanks for the idea though and if it blurs an image I’ll call it a blur module. No need to go technical here.

yeah i see like a blender in roblox . that could be nice if we could use it then for mesh deformation, as sometimes i want to deformate low polies but i have to got to blender to make them not low poly …

This image blur looks great! Nice job on it!