Image Preloading and Usage

Does Roblox retain image data that has been preloaded? For example, if I preload a decal containing an image id I want, would Roblox take time to fetch and load that image again if I were to create another decal instance with the same image id?

1 Like

You should probably load all your images (and audio) at the beginning of the script, that way when it’s required later on you don’t get a delay if you try to load it when you need it.

I’m currently storing images in decals inside of replicated first. They are supposed to be used as icons for items inside the player’s inventory so would I just load all of them and put them in a dictionary with the names as the key?

If they are already in ReplicatedFirst then I believe they’d be pre loaded already. I don’t have any knowledge of how ReplicatedFirst works with decals, but if you store them there you should be able to put them in a dictionary as you suggested.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.