ImageHandleAdornments image property erratic behaviour

ImageHandleAdornments are having a hard time processing multiple images at once. Making them AlwaysOnTop also glows them and fixates them on a single image at every angle.

Happens both in studio and ingame. The configuration does not matter, it always happens.

In the video below, there are 3 ImageHandleAdornments and all 3 have different images.
https://i.gyazo.com/6862d0539e6ae5d8f0d3dc3abf158934.mp4

Here’s the place to reproduce the bug.
DemoBug.rbxl (20.0 KB)

I have a GTX 1060 6GB and an i5 3570.

4 Likes

Sorry about the bump but this rendering issue hasn’t been fixed yet, and I need to make a ImageHandleAdornment Skybox (Well, I’ve heard skyboxes have several hidden color properties that are used when you change the time of day, which is what I need)
Here is a repro place, with different placement and sizes (Fake Skybox): IHARenderingIssueREPRO.rbxl (19.3 KB)

2 Likes

Still having this issue. Any updates? Would like it to be fixed :worried:

1 Like

Because of this issue, we’re having to take the time to rewrite some of the core functionality of our game. Would love to see this get fixed.

2 Likes

Sorry for bumping but this problem has existed for around 3/4 years and still not yet fixed.
ImageHandleAdornment is the only way to make images glowing without being influenced by lighting so I hope this can be fixed as soon as possible

1 Like

Hey, apologize for bumping this problem, still hasn’t seen a fix and would really like to see a fix to this.

1 Like

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

1 Like

Yes the bug is still happening.

1 Like

Alright. Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

5 Likes

A question from the engineer:
It’s not clear to me what “processing multiple images at once” means in this context.

Could you provide more details?

1 Like

It works fine if all of the ImageHandleAdornments in the game have the same texture. But if any ImageHandleAdornments have different textures, then you get problem shown in the gif I posted.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I will pass it on.

3 Likes

This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

4 Likes

I can confirm its fixed:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.