Images become "invisible" when parented to PlayerGui

Whenever a GUI is moved from a tool in the player’s character/backpack, for some users none of the assets are loading. The images aren’t loading and text isn’t appearing. This has been occurring for some of our players reportedly since Wednesday and has never happened before. We haven’t changed anything in that script recently and only added debug. This happens in Soro’s, and most commonly occurs in servers with a large number of players. I was able to play with @Uncle_Ferry in a private server and he was able to reproduce the issue. This is happening with any place with these images, and a repro place file is attached below. I have not experienced this issue myself in Roblox Studio but only in a game.

In the developer console, it is clear that the images should be shown as their ImageTransparency is 0, the ScreenGUI is enabled and parented to PlayerGui, the visibility is set to true, and there is a loaded image inside.

Expected Result: Roblox 2021-01-10 10-49-00.mp4 - Google Drive

Unexpected Result: Roblox_2021-01-10_18-47-18.mp4 - Google Drive

Reproduction Steps:
-Get a few people into a server with a GUI that gets parented from a tool (or use the file below)
-Equip the tool and check if anyone doesn’t have a GUI on their screen

Reproduction Place: ImageReproPlace.rbxl (24.6 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you. I have combined this issue with the other issue you posted in.

Please note that filling a bug report does not guarantee that it will be fixed once triaged.

3 Likes

Additional information related to this issue here:

Is this issue still occuring? I am having trouble reproducing with the provided repro file in studio with several players. I can equip/unequip the tool on each client several times and the notepad seems to appear correctly.

2 Likes

One of our players has reported that the issue has been resolved in the latest build.

I was able to reproduce this issue by setting a flag that we disabled later in the day yesterday. Thank you for the repro file, we will make sure that we address this issue before trying to enable that feature again.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.