Images now render incorrectly when a UIGradient is applied to them

Issue Type: Display
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-03-18 00:03:00 (-06:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-03-18 00:03:00 (-06:00)

Reproduction Steps:
Previously, if you had created an ImageLabel, then placed a UIGradient on it, the image would look like the normal image with the gradient recoloring every pixel.

Now, whenever you place a UIGradient over an ImageLabel, it will truncate a few pixels on the image, regardless of system display scaling.

Repro Place:
UIGradientScalingRepro.rbxl (28.1 KB)

In this case, I have the following instances in a ScreenGui:

The only difference between the “HasGradient” and “NoGradient” trees are the positioning of the root-level frames, and the presence of a UIGradient object inside each ImageLabel.

As you can see, pixels are being truncated on the left where they are not being truncated on the right. Deleting the UIGradient objects will show more pixels in the image.

I am using Windows 10 on a 2K display, and this issue happens no matter what I set my system scaling options to:

Expected Behavior:
I would expect the same to pixels of the image to be rendered whether or not a UIGradient is present.

Actual Behavior:
An entire unscaled pixel of the image is no longer rendered on one or two sides.
Changing my Windows 10 scaling options does not fix the issue, even at 100% resolution.

Here are the images used in the repro, although it seems to apply to every single image I apply a UIGradient to:

This issue started happening very recently, so it seems like it was a regression, possibly related to the new UIStroke beta.

Workaround:
There is no workaround.

This is all to do with the new CoreGUI update, a lot of things are broken at the moment.

I should also mention, I don’t have the new UIStroke beta enabled.

Thanks for the report, this issue should be fixed now after restarting Studio.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.