Images still have black outlines on them

I’ve been searching and found a devforum post made by Quenty in 2016 on how to fix the issue with images having black lines. I read through and I tried using GIMP and Pixelfix, with both were successful in changing my black transparent pixels to white ones. However, when I uploaded them to try and use them in my game, the black outline was still appearing even after the transparent pixels were changed. Is there a new solution for this?

This is one of the images I used that has the fixed pixels

This is what it looks like in studio (the background is visible to show the lines, it is supposed to be used in a bright green background and the lines are visible there)
Screenshot_60

This is the article I read https://medium.com/roblox-development/fixing-images-in-roblox-ui-to-look-good-2e0a7880b1ec

I download the image and if you set the transparency of the Backgroud to 1 you get jut the cross (I dont know if that is what you want to achive)cruz

I set the BackgroundTransparency to 0 to show the outlines on the image. Also, the lines are still visible when on a different background color so that’s why I want to figure out how to fix it so I don’t encounter this when I upload other images

Trying to make more icons today and this is still happening
Screenshot_61
Ran it through pixelfix, was successful, still has outlines :confused:

This has never happened to me before, but it must be because you haven’t properly removed the background. Open your image editor and crop a thin layer of the outside with a pen/lasso tool (depends on what you use) to see if you didn’t crop it correctly the first time.

There never was a background. I made the coin out of shapes in Inkscape on a transparent background, and none of the shapes have a stroke on them so idk.

1 Like

It might just be an issue with your Roblox image settings, do any of the other images that you add to studio have outlines?

Figured out the issue. My images were too large (most being over 1000x1000) and when I uploaded them I’m guessing the black outline was an artifact of downscaling. When I resized one of the images that had the fixed transparent pixels from 2500x2500 to 500x500, the outline went away. Now I know not to make the icons so large anymore haha.

1 Like

i know i just jumped in this conversation but thanks bro that helped me a lot

1 Like

just to say, even if you have transparency, there is an underlying colour. So the best way to solve the pixel outline issue (even with downscaling) is to make your image with the same colour background as the object(s) and then add a transparency mask in photoshop/pixelformer etc).

Thanks this helped me as well.