Immediate studio crash on opening a place

Yesterday I booted up Studio to work on a project I’ve been pursuing for a little over a month. I received an “Unexpected error occurred, and Roblox needs to quit!” and Studio closed.
Since then, I’ve tried restarting my computer, reinstalling Studio, booting into other places (which worked perfectly fine), and playing the game. When playing, it seems the place is completely empty, without any parts and my character dies instantly. When I attempt to revert the place, it wouldn’t work, still showing the same thing.

This bug happens 100% of the time I open this place.
All I do is open the place thru the site or Studio directly.
It’s happening to this. E12 - Roblox
This started a day or two ago.

Images

Screen1
Error message I get on opening the project, where studio immediately closes.
screen2
Version history that refuses to revert.

Gameplay.

I’m unsure what this constitutes, it seems fairly critical, though I haven’t seen anyone experiencing it. Please help if you can, I’m losing a lot of work here. Thank you.

6 Likes

Quick checked your crash records, seems to be caused by below FFlag. Could you try to disable it locally? Hopefully as a temporary workaround:-)

FFlagStudioPersistPlayerCameraPosition

Will discuss with colleague for a fix.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m fairly new to this concept, is there any resource I can use to figure out how exactly to disable that?

If not knowing how to locally specify FFlag, please refer to below steps:
1: under the Studio installation folder (where the RobloxStudioBeta.exe locates), create a subfolder “ClientSettings”
2: Under the ClientSettings folder, create a file: “ClientAppSettings.json”, with below content
{
“FFlagStudioPersistPlayerCameraPosition”:“false”
}

Then relaunch Studio to open the game

Please let me know if it works, thanks a lot:-)

1 Like

I did so, and the problem seems to persist, with the same error message and crash.

Could you PM your minidump (.dmp) file? Thanks:-)
They can be found under “C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Roblox\logs” or “C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Roblox\logs\archives”
confirm the timestamp to get the latest one:-)

1 Like

Seems to not let me upload the file, would screenshots / conversion to a .txt file work?Capture

The dump file may be too large to be uploaded in the forum.
Please upload to google drive or your favorite one, then PM me the link to download it:-)

1 Like

checked your dump, it seems that the FFlagStudioPersistPlayerCameraPosition is still “true”. And your local overwriting is not working:-)

Please double check if you local FFlag is actually set:-) Thanks.

1 Like

Hmm, I hadn’t noticed before that I was getting this error message on boot of Studio.
ohok

I followed the instructions properly, I believe. I apologize in advance for whatever blunder I may be hitting.

odd1 odd2

Please double check your double quotes ", yours seems not the ascii. If you are having language input, please turn if off:-)

1 Like

This is because the content you pasted for him to copy has those quotes. Might be better just to give people a json file through forum in the future.

@Gravity_Defier here is the correct file with correct format/extension for convenience:
ClientAppSettings.json (54 Bytes)

7 Likes

Ah thank you so much, I went ahead and fixed it and the place now loads properly. Some type of error with revert though but I think it’s unrelated. A million thank yous.

1 Like

Ah, sorry about that the double quotes in my message:-)
Great to know your Studio works now.
Enjoy!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.