Immediates and value manipulation in Studio Debugger

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to change the values of of variables when debugging a script in Studio.

In Visual Studio their are 2 tools I use constantly;

Immediates Window:
This is essentially the Command Bar and Output window combined - it allows you to write a piece of code and execute it, of which then the output is displayed.
I noticed this especially as, when I was trying to debug my program, I noticed the Command Bar was disabled. If the command bar could be enabled in debugging and used to manipulate variables in real time, this would be an invaluable tool.

Autos Window:
Studio does have the equivalent of an ‘autos’ window, which is great, however again I cannot manipulate the data fields of the variables listed:

It would also be nice to see the Types of the variables that is listed. This would help to quickly identify the types of data the developer is dealing with.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it would benefit the workflow of testing and debugging different types of data whilst running live tests in Studio.

Thank you for considering.

6 Likes